Message Boards and Chat: Posting Guidelines
By following the simple guidelines below, you will help us keep the boards well organized and useful so that you and everyone else can make the most out of them. Thanks for visiting and enjoy!
|The basic how-to when writing and responding to posts|
|• Choose the most relevant
forum for your topic. Don't post the same topic multiple times. Duplicate
• will be locked or deleted.
|• Use a descriptive title
when starting a topic. Generic
titles such as 'Help' or 'Need
information' don't encourage
• others to view your post. We may change your topic title to make it more specific for your post.
|• Ask only one question per topic. Two different questions should be posted under two different topics.|
|• Keep all related posts within one topic. Don't start another topic to continue the same discussion.|
|• When responding to a post, keep your response focused on the topic.|
|• Avoid using ALL CAPS. They're hard to read and considered impolite.|
|• Please don't use graphics in your signature. They can slow down the boards.|
|• Please don't use links in your signature.|
• Don't be rude, vulgar, offensive or discriminatory. Such postings will be deleted.
|We want our boards and chat to be a self-reliant community whose members are able to help each other with all sorts of questions and needs. A lot of time has gone into the implementation and ongoing management of the boards and chat. Membership is free. All we ask is that the following few requests are respected:|
|• Don't advertise products
or services in your posts or signature. Advertisements and commercial posts
• removed. If you would like to advertise on our site, please contact us.
|• Don't use the boards
and chat to promote your own website. You can link to your site from your
• suggest your site to us if you would like to have it considered for addition to our Czech Links directory.
• Feel free to mention
other websites that are relevant to the discussion and may
be helpful to others. But
• The promotion of pornographic or any offensive and objectionable content in any manner is not allowed.
|When to use Private Messaging (PM)|
We like to think of these boards as a community that enables all users to participate in and benefit from the discussions. Soliciting help and providing answers to questions that may be of interest to others via Private Messaging only helps one individual: the poster. Private Messaging is a good choice when you wish to contact another board member with a message that is only pertinent to that individual and is not relevant to other board users. In all other cases, please post on the public boards.
|Please report spam on the Boards: Send a PM to 'My Czech Republic'|
We keep a close eye on the boards and delete every spam message that appears in a forum as soon as we discover it. We are however not always able to catch spam right away. We are asking for your help.
posts in the forums
• If you ever notice a message on the boards that you think is spam, please send a PM to 'My Czech Republic'
• with a link to the post, or include:
• - the poster's username
• - the name of the forum in which the message is posted (e.g. Travel Tips & Advice)
• - the name of the topic/thread under which the spam post can be found
messages sent by PM