5 Star hotel in Prague?

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Poodle1977, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Poodle1977

Poodle1977 Member

I'm going to Prague in February with my husband to celebrate my 30th birthday ( :D ) and i'm looking for a really nice 5 star hotel for us to stay in for 4 nights.
    I've had a good look around but it's so hard to tell what's good and what isn't....they ALL look great!
    Has anybody got a recommendation for me?

2. Howard

Howard Active Member

Hi,

I think that the two best hotels are Hotel Aria and Four Seasons. I have stayed a couple of times at Hotel Aria (anniversaries with my wife), and would have chosen it again (if a 5-star hotel was a condition).

Hotel Aria is on the "Malá Strana"-side and Four Seasons is on the "Old Town"-side.

Best regards

3. Poodle1977

Poodle1977 Member

Hi Howard!

Thanks very much for the information. I will check out both hotels.
    It's very difficult to book a trip to somewhere you have never been before!

4. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Hi Barbara,

There are a lot of five-star hotels in Prague to choose from. I have read some nice things about the Aria Hotel, but I have never stayed there. Its location is a good one and I think Malá Strana is a great area in which to stay.

The hotel booking partner we use here on My Czech Republic currently offers 23 five-star hotels in Prague. Guests are asked to review the hotel after their stay and there are thousands of reviews for Prague hotels. The link above shows the hotels sorted by review score, so hopefully that will give you some ideas.

Jeff

5. Poodle1977

Poodle1977 Member

Hi Jeff,

I have already tried the Aria but unfortunately they are fully booked for the dates i require :(
    I will have a look at those hotel reviews and hopefully there will be something there that will suit what we are looking for.
    I did think about maybe the Savoy but i've read mixed things about it so i'll probably go elsewhere.
    Thanks for your help :D

6. AJ

AJ Active Member

Hi Barbara,
    I can highly recommend the Hilton Prague Hotel(5 star) it overlooks the Vltava River and is a 15 min. walk to the Old Town Square and Wenceslas Square.
    I can also recommend the Kampa Park Restuarant, Mala Strana, Prague 1
    next to the Charles Bridge. Not cheap, but perfect for a special occasion.
    Be sure to make a reservation.
    AJ :p

7. Poodle1977

Poodle1977 Member

Hi AJ!!!!

Thanks for the restaurant tip. As i've never been to Prague before i have no clue where to eat out etc...any recommendations are truly appreciated. I would imagine that like in any city, restaurants vary in quality.
    Actually, without help i would probably end up in McDonalds :oops: :wink:

8. Boban

Boban New Member

I tend to book my Prague accomodation through a-prague.com, from the list of hotels you certainly find accommodation. I would have to recommend Hotel Casa Marcello to you. I stayed there last year and it was fantastic. It is located in the Jewish quarter and is near many restaurants and is only a five minute walk to Old Town Square.
    Have a great time in Prague!

Links edited by site admin

9. Poodle1977

Poodle1977 Member

Keep the recommendations coming folks!

10. My Czech Republic

My Czech Republic Administrator

Hi Boban and welcome to the boards. We want to make sure that you have read our posting guidelines where we ask our community members to refrain from promoting websites that offer the same services we bring you at myczechrepublic.com. Commissions we receive from our partners, including those generated from our hotel booking database, are very important in helping us maintain these ad-free message boards. Thank you!