Age difference

Discussion in 'Culture' started by petri, Aug 2, 2005.

1. petri

petri Well-Known Member

How do Czechs take age difference between a couple?
    Mainly I mean is it a tabu that woman is older than man?

2. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

The Czechs I know take any age difference between partners easy - in fact, it is the problem of the couple, if it represents a problem at all. :)
    One of my aunts was 13 years older than her husband and they lived happily together for more than fifty years.

3. petri

petri Well-Known Member

OK thanks!
    You see my wife is about 15 years older than me. On our trips to Prague we´ve been experiencing some kind of wondering when people found out that we were a married couple.
    Maybe our experiences have just come from our own incertainty or they have first thought that she´s my mother... 8)

4. Martina

Martina Active Member

Some people might have reserved opinions, if the age difference is not too big,(about 10-15 years max) they are relaxed about it. Anything about that might make them wonder...but in the end of the day it's the couples business and if they are happy together, that's what really matters. Good luck!

5. TallElf

TallElf Member

Your mother. :lol: Great line. :wink:

I would suspect that many locals (and Westerners) might find it a bit odd. Mainly because you usually see the complete opposite in the Czech Republic.

Best of luck :wink:

6. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would also say that in Czech Republic is more common that woman is younger than men.