Ahoj! New to the forum, as well :]

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by subcultural_girlx, Aug 3, 2006.

1. My name is Ally, and I am new to the boards, quite obviously :]. I am 16 - I live in America (not sure if everyone does here), and I am definitely interested in learning Czech. I have been for a while, and it's because moreorless I want to basically know another language, and learn about my roots all the same. (which are mostly Czechoslovakian.)

Anyways, I am very beginner to Czech - and I don't take any classes - and I know barely anything. (I know how to say HELLO, Welcome, and all those basicy words. Which is a start!) I am looking forward to learning from a variety of outside-of-school resources, maybe even my own granpa (whose first language is Czech, though he's not in such good shape these days.)

But yep, that's my story. :]

2. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

welcome and best wishes to you in learning the language.

3. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

Hi,
    welcome to the boards. Not everyone on this board is from America, for example I am Czech living in Prague and I've never been to US. There're people from whole world on this, e.g. China, Italy, Germany, Spain, France and other countries.

I want to wish you all the luck with learning Czech, I know how hard is it to learn another language and Czech is unfortunately between those harder ones.

I'm sure you'll have time with learning Czech and especially if you come to Prague one day.

That's a pity that you can't have classes at school, but I'm sure you'll find a way how to learn it. Either buying some books, CDs or maybe somewhere on the internet.

It's pretty obvious, but I want to mention it. If you'll have any questions about Czech language, feel free to ask us and we'll be happy to help you. (At least I will).