Ahoj!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by boggeyb, Jul 5, 2004.

1. boggeyb

boggeyb Member

I'm on my way to Prague. Well, almost. On August 5th I leave with a one-way ticket to Prague. I'll be taking a course under TEFL Worldwide for one month and then looking to hopefully settle down and find a teaching position for a bit.

Right now, I'm trying to learn as much of the language as possible. It's rough, I have to admit, but I'm eager for any suggestions. I'm American and don't want to be swine and just walk about asking everyone to speak English. I speak a little French, but I'm finding that what I know of French gets in the way mostly of learning Czech. I keep pronouncing things the "French" way.

Anyhow, I'm terrified and exhilerated all at the same time. I'd love to know just about anything about Prague or the Czech people and culture, the best way I can "blend" in and the best possible way I can not be a nasty tourist nuisance.

My name is Chris, by the way. Sorry for the delayed introduction. Anyhow. I look forward to hearing from anyone. :)

Cheers!

-Chris

2. Rikitan

Rikitan Member

Hi boggeyb alias Chris,

if you would like to practice some CZECH VOCABULARY before going to our republic, you can write me at riki_tan@seznam.cz and we can write some emails in Czech language :) Just for your practicing or verification Czech words.

I believe that with your great "approach" and "behavior" in our republic you will see much more things than usual visitors... have a good time and good luck !

Rikitan