Anyone ready for a get-together?

Discussion in 'Make a Connection' started by SMZ, Jan 23, 2006.

1. SMZ

SMZ Well-Known Member

Ahoj!

I've finally arrived in Prague and (now that I'm mostly over the jet lag) would love to meet some of the discussion board locals in person.

Anyone up for a drinks/dinner get-together?

Susan

2. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Yes, definitely! Jeff and I would love to meet you. We're pretty flexible, so just post what date and time would be good for you.

Dana

3. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Well-Known Member

Hi Susan and Dana,

I would also be glad to meet you. It shouldn't be a problem to organize something in the evening or during a weekend.

Lorenzo

4. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I would also like to meet. For how long are you in Prague?

5. Ladis

Ladis Well-Known Member

Hmm, I have about 2 exams per week this time :(... Maybe e.g. in Thursday 26.1. in 18:00 (I have an exam before it, so I will be in Prague that time) or anytime in February - I will have all exams finished that time, I hope :) We can try again "restaurace ABA" - more info about it in the thread about our last reunion:
    http://www.myczechrepublic.com/boards/v ... 6347#16347

EDIT: If we are more people, it should be reserved before it.

6. SMZ

SMZ Well-Known Member

This Thursday (26/1) sounds great! I'm still learning my way around so a place that's near metro, bus, and/or tram would be excellent.

Susan

7. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Another place that's close to public transport is the Pivovarský dům (The Brewery House), which is almost right at the Štěpánská tram stop and close to the I. P. Pavlova metro. It's described a little bit here:
    http://www.myczechrepublic.com/prague/c ... rants.html (bottom of page)

8. SMZ

SMZ Well-Known Member

Oh, Pivovarsky Dum sounds like a plan. Let's meet there! Will we need a reservation if we go on Thursday?

Susan

9. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

I made a reservation at the Pivovarský dům for Thursday, Jan. 26, at 6 p.m. (18:00) for eight people. It's under the name 'Dana'. There's currently six of us who may be coming, so there's room for two more. :)

The restaurant is at Ječná 15, on the corner with Lípová. It is almost exactly between the Karlovo náměstí and I. P. Pavlova metro stations. Trams no. 4, 6, 10, 16, 22 and 23 stop near the restaurant (the stop is called Štěpánská).

10. Ladis

Ladis Well-Known Member

Ok, count with me ;)

11. Lorenzo

Great Dana!

Sounds good :) So see you on Thursday!

Lorenzo

12. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

Any idea how I will recognize you??

13. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

We will unfurl our gigantic My Czech Republic banner, so it'll be impossible to miss us. Just kidding.

The pictures of Jeff and Lorenzo on our team page are pretty close to reality. If you don't see us, ask the staff to point you to the table that's reserved under my name. And it's also possible that we'll recognize you. :wink: No worries, no one has ever "gotten lost".

14. SMZ

SMZ Well-Known Member

Gementricxs -- If your hair has those red streaks in it that I see in your avatar/photo, you'll be recognizable. I, on the other hand, look just like Petra Nemcova (har har!) :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Okay, I probably look more like her mother :roll: , but I'm sure I'll find you all.

Susan

15. Lorenzo

Hey Petra Nemcova! I'll surely be there ;) :lol:

16. Ladis

Ladis Well-Known Member

Hi! It was really good - in my opinion, better than the last time :) (thanks to not being tired like the last time and thanks to vital Susan :D).

17. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Jeff and I had great fun last night! Yes, Susan is the life of a party! We should do this again soon. :)

18. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Zase mi nikdy pozval. Zacinam si myslet, ze jsem neco spatny udelal. :cry:
    Uz chci si dat pivicko na nejake zajimave zakouti v Praze. To neni odpovedeni prilis moc, jo?

19. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Hi scrimshaw,

These get-togethers are not by invitation only. They're open to anyone who wants to come. You just need to keep an eye on the forum...and be in Prague. :wink:

20. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Ufff---to je ten problem. Bydlim daleko, daleko z Prahy.
    Kdybych tam byl, urcite bych se snazit vam sejit. Lide na tenhle forum jsou zajimave.
    Dekuju za mi napsani neco.
    Bydlim nekde za velky more.