Are there single men interested in dating American women?

Discussion in 'Culture' started by Isabel, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Isabel

Isabel New Member

Visiting Prague in October, hoping to me a nice czech man-the Americans just don't do it for me anymore!

2. you might want to try this site......www.aj.cz/penfriends/

this is a good site to meet people from all over the world as well as Czechs. You can either post an ad or pick some from the CZ and answer them. It is free. Its a good way to meet and chat with others about their country and they can chat about ours. My fiance and I have made at least two dozen friends from all over the world. And at least a dozen from the CZ so that when we go to visit his family (he is Czech), we also have friends to pass the time with as well. I suggested this site to 3 female friends of mine and they had great success. They were just initally looking for friends. One found a boyfriend (CZ), one found a great friend and the other is getting married to a handsome and loving Czech who flew over here after talking to her for two months, fell instantly in love with her and swept her off her feet. So I think you stand a good chance. I know I love my Czech. His is the king of my castle!! Good luck !!!

3. magan

magan Well-Known Member

I don't want to bust your bubble, but I would be extremely suspicious of handsome Czech - male or female, flying over after two months e-mailing and sweeping you off your feet....Please consider different way of thinking, expectations in relationship and language limitations....Read more about differences between the cultures and relationships between men and women etc.

As US citizen, you will be just as successful finding quickly willing person in Turkey, Greece, Russia, Poland and many other countries where they see US citizen as convenient vehicle to easy adventure in US.

Screem at me all you want, but I was born in CR, I am maure woman living overseas since 1968, have many friends in CR and I am not naive. Take my advice and be cautious.

4. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Isabel, you said: "the Americans just don't do it for me anymore!"

Can you elaborate? There is so many millions of American men - and what's more, those who live there have different origins - so surely you must have plenty of choice (including Czech men living in US) to give yourself an opportunity to get to know person who speaks your language and is familiar with your culture, which would help you to form better opinion if it is a suitable partner for you.

Please, let us know what is the desirable difference between "American man (with diferent ethnic backgrounds)" and Czechs from CR.

5. rhenium3

rhenium3 Active Member

Isabel,

You will not have a problem. Though on average I think American women are a bit strong for the average Czech, there are Czechs out there that like that sort of women.

As for speed, I've notice that Czechs fall in and out of love much faster than americans... From personal experience and that of friends, etc.

And agree about the american men!! Right on!

6. wrxpilot

wrxpilot New Member

Funny, I've been thinking the same thing about American women. Too much baggage, too much flakiness, and too much fat.

7. rhenium3

rhenium3 Active Member

Wow, that was a low blow... Did I say something to affend you?

As for flakiness, I think that is a personal thing...in all cultures... Lately I've run across many flaky Czech boys, but I wouldn't say all Czech guys are flaky...

As for the fat, another personal preference. I like a guy with a little meat on him, and I would obviously need a guy who liked the same thing... I am not ready to starve myself to look good for guys...

and baggage? Of course! They are from the US! Anybody growing up there would be traumatized! :)

8. wrxpilot

wrxpilot New Member

No, no offense taken! I was just agreeing w/ you girls. You can't stand American men, and I can't stand American women. In all likelihood we couldn't stand each other either.

Yes, almost anybody growing up in the US has some serious mental instability, whether they be male or female. It's glaringly obvious in our television and societal values. We've happily and most agreeably become a society of shallow mass consumers. We gleefully watch reality television shows that ridicule others, thereby increasing our unacknowledged low self esteem. When choosing potential mates, the question is no longer "Can I build a life with and help this person?". Rather, it is now selfishly "What am I going to get out of it?".

Please don't misunderstand me on the fat issue. There's anorexic (what TV & mags portray as "glamourous", normal (most likely what you and I desire), and fat/overweight. I am very physically active, but I do eat well. I am therefore "normal". No, you can't see my ribs or a sharply defined six pack. But I don't have a gut either. Later...

9. rhenium3

rhenium3 Active Member

Ok, then we are cool then... Thanks for the clarification, and totally agree on the US stuff!!!

10. Isabel

Isabel New Member

Whoa, didn't mean to incite such a firestorm! I guess the reasons for my posting were two-fold:
    a) Traveling to Prague in mid-October (alone), and hoping to meet some interesting people (and I am a single female); and
    b) Haven't had great luck w/ American men for many reasons (maybe it's because we all have issues over here!).

In any event, thanks for the great advice. I agree American women may be too 'strong' for many Czech men, but maybe I'll find the right one... :)