ATM's

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by PatK100, May 16, 2004.

1. PatK100

PatK100 Active Member

Hi

Visiting the Czech Republic for the first time in July - wondered how reliable the ATM's are for obtaining local currency with a Visa Electron Card.

Please email me or PM me.

Many thanks

Pat

2. Sigma

Sigma Well-Known Member

I can't imagine you would have any problems. I never had a problem taking money out from an ATM using my American bank card.

3. TnDan

TnDan Member

Ahoj Pat! I visited Prague in March and I, like Sigma, had no problems obtaining money from local ATM's. I used a bank issued VISA/debit card supported by the "Cirrus" network.

Enjoy Prague !!!

Cheers,Danny

4. ondrejana

ondrejana Well-Known Member

Hello Pat

Just returned myself within this week and, like you, was bit nervous about the issue of ease of ATM convenience, etc.

Not a problem at all; they are scattered quite nicely, and I believe that the daily allowance for withdrawal is around 8000 Kc/daily.

Hope you have a great trip next month! you're going to be thrown into the throng of tourists

Jana

5. SMZ

SMZ Well-Known Member

For those who have used their ATM card in the CR...

Does it matter if it is a credit or debit card? Every now and then (not often, thank goodness) I've encountered businesses that can't/don't accept debit cards.

Do the ATM's take either type?

Susan

6. PatK100

PatK100 Active Member

I used my Debit Card fine but my bank charged me £1.75 per transaction - either using am ATM or paying for good in a shop.

7. SMZ

SMZ Well-Known Member

Yikes! :shock: Thanks for the warning -- I'll ask about that before I leave home.

Susan