Back in Florida after a wonderful trip...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by GlennInFlorida, Oct 19, 2006.

1. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I'm back in Florida after a wonderful 12 day trip to Praha (and Bratislava, too). Got to meet Dana, Jeff, and Jirka (gementricxs) one evening - thanks for the hospitality and great conversation.

Praha is as great as ever - got to see and do a few things I hadn't been able to fit in on previous trips. Took a boat ride up the Vltava to the Zoo last Sunday - what a super day. The Zoo is amazing - a terrific selection of animals all in a beautiful habitat. We had planned about 2 hours for the Zoo (you know - oh boy, a zoo, whoop-dee-doo) - what a surprise, we stayed 6 hours and didn't see everything. Also had a nice meal at the TV Tower - great views, super views - hope to visit it in the evening next time to see Praha all lit up.

Back to work this morning (miss the Trams and Metro already) but will write more about my experiences later.

Thanks again for a super visit.
    Glenn :D

2. wissy

wissy Well-Known Member

I agree with you Glenn. I took the boat to Troja to visit the zoo and had a great day out. So much to do. We came back the next day (by tram, metro and bus....great fun!!) to see more of the zoo, the Troja chateau and the botonical gardens. Great memories. :D

3. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

Zoo in Prague is definitely wonderful. I went to Zoo in London this summer and I was so dissapointed. You know I though, London as a "Europe's capital" will have wonderful zoo, but unfortunately it was a crap.

Prague Zoo is definitely fantastic!!!

4. wissy

wissy Well-Known Member

Hi gementricsxs.
    I agree about Prague Zoo. They have a wonderful website as well. I'm amazed at the work that has been done there since the flood. :D

London Zoo is truly awful, :oops: but there are excellent zoos in England. When you come over next try to get to Bristol zoo or Chester zoo of even Longleat Safari Park.

5. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

welcome home Glenn, I'm glad to hear you had a good time!

6. The Animal

The Animal Well-Known Member

Já vítám vás back tady Glenn.

8) 8)

7. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

Dík všichni,

I am always happy to be back here in Florida (I was born here, lived in the same house since 1955) but am always sad to leave Prague. It is the only place I have ever been that I don't want to leave when the time arrives. Planning to retire there, have been trying to get my ducks in a row for the past year or so - will be quite a change but, life is an adventure (and way too short) - need to make the most of it.

8. The Animal

The Animal Well-Known Member

Rozumím that. Take care, speak to you later

Děkuji Na shledanou
    8) 8)

9. BMoody

BMoody Well-Known Member

I'm glad it went well Glenn!