Beer Bathing

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by dorisdog, Jun 29, 2005.

1. dorisdog

dorisdog New Member

Hello someone, iam searching for a spa in west of country,Bohemian area?
    I have heard, that there is place where you can bath in beer!!! A new place , has opened last autumn?? Please answer if anybody knows something about this kind of place. I am going to Prague for a week next saturday! :?: :?: :?: :!: :wink:

2. Howard

Howard Active Member

3. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

The hotel U Sládka - Chodovar brewery in Chodová Planá - announced opening of beer bath last year, but so far no such service is offered on their website. Maybe you could send them an e-mail and ask :wink:. The address is usladka@chodovar.cz.

4. Ir

Ir Well-Known Member

I couldn't do that - I'd be too tempted to drink the bathwater! :lol:

5. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

I guess you would not, as beer should be cold to taste good and in that case you would not bath in it. And drinking warm beer is similar to drinking dish water - I would not try any!

6. Ir

Ir Well-Known Member

In the south of England some people like to drink their beer warm - although I must agree that warm beer does taste like dishwater :lol:

7. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Some elderly Czechs (I know a few) drink warm beer too, you could see them in a pub inserting so-called ohříváček (warmer) into their mug. :roll: It is a small metal cylindric container filled with hot water, but I have not seen it anywhere for a long long time.

8. Square1bloke

Square1bloke Member

In some real ale circles within the UK, drinking cold beer is looked down on, as you don't get the full flavour. If you do, you get told you might as well have a cold fosters or Carling.
    I think there could be a certain amount of snobbery involved. Surely it's down to personal preference and the type of beer.
    I find personally, that for most beers, 10 - 14c is about right to drink. A bit cold for all but the hardiest to bathe in I would have thought.

I'm curious to know, what the benefits are of bathing in beer. It sounds lovely

9. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Some physicians say bathing in beer - or beer poultices -enhance the growth and quality of hair, heal scars, and treat nail and skin diseases (namely dark and yeast beer). Thanks to its content of carbonic acid, beer bath can be beneficiary for heart (but it is not recommended to patients with the history of heart attack).