Bible and Religion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Halef, Apr 18, 2005.

1. metric

metric Well-Known Member

No surprise.

Sure it does. I'll be happy to beat it to death if you wish.

I believe my word was 'fascinated' but I do not use machines to check my spelling.

This being a Bible and Religion thread, do you not believe that such links can be spiritual rather than genetic? Not saying that I do believe that, nor saying that I don't....

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I don't play this game. And there isn't another game that I find particularly appealing. Isn't it okay to just sit on the sidelines and watch others make fools of themselves?

I'm blaming no one but myself. You can rest guilt-free.

I think Maine is culturally, topographically and meteorologically pretty close to Czechia. It'll suit for the time being.

2. My Czech Republic

My Czech Republic Administrator

Here we are again... Hmm, is the concept of having topics and trying to stick to them useless and simply a bad idea? We have set up the Off Topic forum in order for people to be able to discuss pretty much anything within the forum (as long as they remain polite and respectful to each other), but it might be helpful if each actual discussion was still kept more or less on topic. If someone's interested in reading what others have to say about religion, they don't necessarily want to find themselves in the middle of a discussion of American patriotism. Please keep that in mind when posting. Thanks!

Dana
    My Czech Republic

3. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

But Mom, he started it...and failed to answer where in Maine too :}

4. metric

metric Well-Known Member

Dana, perhaps you should reread "Dobrý Voják Švejk". Trying to impose order on a bunch of Czechophiles could be frustrating work.

Did you see how I tried to drag it back to religion when I suggested that fascination with Czechia could have spiritual roots? I'm trying.

5. My Czech Republic

My Czech Republic Administrator

I wasn't pointing fingers, KJP. About that Maine thing, there's a feature called Private Messaging.

metric, I've never read Dobrý voják Švejk. And actually, we've been pretty successful trying to keep order here. :) It can just be a little time-consuming.

Dana

6. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

But if you were going to point a finger at me, which one would you point? :roll:

Spirtual roots to Czech, hum, not many believers here...

7. ursula

ursula Well-Known Member

personally my spiritual root are european, yes french too since i am half french, with a touch of austrian. i like the austians, find them very laid back.
    oh some polish also. about a hundred years back.
    and i will not spit at a llama, been there done that. when your llama is pissed off enough to spit( a last resort) theyll win. ask bill, my husband. hes lost several battles with my llama stud.
    ursula

8. czechchris

czechchris Well-Known Member

I can identify with the thought of being a Czechophile without any genetic links.
    I am pure(?) English as far back as I can trace, but feel a strong affinity to all things czech. Maybe I was Czech in a previous life? (which actually I don't believe in!)

I have read Švejk, and know exactly what you mean, Metric.

I love czech movies 'Pelišky', 'Little Otík', Divided We Fall - just some of my favourites.

But with regard to the original subject:
    The quotes from the Law covenant regarding shaving (and other less savoury matters); Galatians 3:13, 24-25 shows that the Law of Moses no longer applies to Christians.

9. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

Pelišky was good, as was samotaři.

10. czechchris

czechchris Well-Known Member

I;ve not seen Samotaři, I must look out for it next time I am in Prague.

11. hint

hint Member

as an old saying says : Rules are made to be broken :twisted:

12. ursula

ursula Well-Known Member

the ones that dont comply, can we throw them out of a window? please, please
    ursula :wink:

13. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Well-Known Member

I just wanted to take a step back to the fish sticker on the car. If you look carefully you will see it also in ČR or at least in Prague where there are quite a few American missionaries spreading their doctrine.

Lorenzo

14. Silatsiaq

Silatsiaq Member

KJP, do you suggest that God created the world in 6 days?

15. idemtidem

idemtidem Well-Known Member

Didn't Darwin himself conclude that a god was behind the whole creation? Just asking.

16. hint

hint Member

how can someone believe in something that doesnt and cant exist ? :)

17. idemtidem

idemtidem Well-Known Member

The deal is that nobody knows anything. All the people believe in that they are right.

18. Paint

Paint Well-Known Member

All of this, especially the parts about creation theories, was more or less discussed in the book Ishmael by Daniel Quinn. Have any of you read it?

19. ursula

ursula Well-Known Member

my mother raised me not to discuss religion or politics. but i hardly ever comply. there may be something, but i doubt it.
    ursula
    lost what religion i had when i was 6.

20. Bret

Bret Active Member

Can you prove love?