Book a Czech airline flight via its website, Please help

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by loverboy, Jun 29, 2005.

1. loverboy

loverboy Member

I'm having a problem while trying to book a flight via the Czech airline website.

It seems to me that the one-way ticket is not bookable online.

There are only return and multi city under the Type of trip

Anyone have any ideas about this??

And also if I manage to book it, under the collect in box, is it means place I will collect my ticket right? And is it ok to collect the ticket at the Czech airport when i arrive.

Thank you very much

2. Yvan

Yvan Well-Known Member

I think that CSA web site don't allow buying some types of tickets as one-way ticket. And even if you try to buy one-way ticket in the office the price of the one way ticket could be higher then the return one.

With CSA it's also possible to buy E-ticket which is sent to you by email and there is no problem with picking it up.

But if you want to buy cheap one-way ticket from/to Prague try some of many low cost airlines. They sell one-way E-tickets. With them the price of return ticket is just sum of two one-ways tickets.

Where do you want to fly? Maybe there is cheaper possibility than CSA.

3. loverboy

loverboy Member

Thanks a lot Yvan

I just got off the phone with one of the CSA agent here in Thailand, and they did answer the same thing, the only way to issue the one-way ticket is through them.

I'm flying from Prague to Munich, is there any other low-cost airlines that do fly this route??

One more thing I'm also considering the overnight train which look quite comfy for me as I dont have to spent the night in Munich

Any more info about the overnight train from Prague to Munich, do i need to book special class for the laid down sleeping facilities, or does the 2nd class seat is good enough, and where can I find some info and how much the price is for the sleeper/couchette on the night train.

Thanks a lot

4. Ir

Ir Well-Known Member

You might as well go by train or bus, as Prague and Munich are not so far apart. The direct train takes 6 hours in the daytime and 8 hours at night. (There are also overnight buses.)

I think you need to book whether you want a sleeper or not. Bear in mind too that the night train is more expensive than the day train even if you are just in a seat.

Be careful on trains at night, make sure you don't get anything stolen

5. Yvan

Yvan Well-Known Member

I agree with Ir.
    Now there is no low cost airlines flights between Prague and Munich.
    Of course plane is the quickest but you should include time to/from airports, checking and waiting.
    Bus is the cheapest possibility. Train is more comfortable but I think that price could be at least double one. Be careful with night trains.
    You can find train/bus connection at :
    http://www.vlak-bus.cz/ConnForm.asp?tt=c&cl=E5

6. loverboy

loverboy Member

Thanks for your advise, I'll think about it.

7. evian

evian Well-Known Member

I had exactly the same dillema as you. I am trying to find quotes for different airfares from Dubai to Prague. I realised a return ticket could not be purchased from the CSA website. I then email-ed them questioning why. They stated that one-way tickets could not be purchased online solely because of customs laws in the country of origin or destination. Of course, it is still possible to purchase one-way tickets with CSA from your local travel agent.
    Does anyone know how CSA compares (price-wise) with other international Western European airlines; Lauda, Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa, Air France etc. etc.??
    In flight entertainment and the seats of CSA seem to lack behind the standards of other major European airlines.
    ~Jason

8. Yvan

Yvan Well-Known Member

My experinece is that for buying cheap long distance air ticket direct from the airlines isn't always the best and the cheapest possibility.
    It's good to try special air ticket's agences. In Czech republic there are for example :
    http://www.studentagency.cz/
    http://www.letuska.cz