Bush and U.S. Foreign Policy

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by usak, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

we cant get our own business people to stop conducting sweat shops abroad, yet we are suppose to control imports from another country that Americans want (because they are cheap) so that they stop being tyrants to their own people?

2. idemtidem

idemtidem Well-Known Member

Of course you can't stop that. I agree with you. But you can impose additional customs/taxes on the products coming from there (or on the companies) which will ultimately discourage this behavior. If it's not profitable, they won't do it. If China doesn't get money from that, it could potentionally have unwanted impact on their economy...which could result in reassessing of their policies (too many coulds, I know).

3. czechpoint

czechpoint Active Member

Following that logic, regardless of whether WWII was right or wrong, should all German civilians have supported their fellow German people who went to war under the Nazis for the simple fact that they went to war for their country and knowing they might not come home?

4. IloveAmerica

IloveAmerica Active Member

>> :( I have to say that I do not beleave what I am reading. It does not matter if this war is wrong or right. <<

It does not matter if this war is right or wrong ?

What have you been smoking ?
    I would not let my children goto war and die for oil
    so the Bush and Chainy (who own haliburton stock)
    can make more money.

it doesnt matter ? Give me what your smoking, i could
    use it after reading your post.

5. IloveAmerica

<<
    >>

Yea its a simple process, stop trading with countries that do not have a minimal set of rights.
    American companies make too much money in China for them to shut it down. China is America's sweat shop thats why they let them bring in so many imports.

6. IloveAmerica

When we say America Trades With China in reality its really not
    Chinese owned and controaled companies selling products to American
    Companies. Most of the retail chinese business is owned and controaled
    by americans and depite trade occuring technically its really an interdepartment transfer of goods created in china by an american controaled or owned company to america.

7. idemtidem

Oh I know. See how long it took you to describe it though? I wanted to avoid that. :D

8. IloveAmerica

You dont sound like a vertran of any war other then maybe the Cold War.
    Since you have the perspective you do why would you have been in the war to begin with ?
    Errr if i knew i was going to be executed id beg for my life as well considering i have a wife and kids. Your psycological dispositon in this matter points to the fact your no vetran. If im wrong what outfit what position and what name of what ware (occationally i leave room for myself to be wrong :) )

9. IloveAmerica

ur opening racist and sexist ?
    Wow what a world.
    HELLO is anyone listening to this IST ?
    HELLO !
    no body cares :(

10. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

and the Czechs dont deal with Russia? :!:

You buy planes from the lowest bidder, regardless if they are bumbling idiots that storm schools and gas theaters

11. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

I love America, you arent exactly coming off as a Vet yourself. I am also an American, one that signed a paper and served 4 years. When I left, I knew that a war could occur (Carter that idiot, 2 helos crashing into each other in Iran) I am a VEOA vet of the USN, do you know what that means?

12. idemtidem

Oh I see. You're trying your best to avoid the issue 8). Yes, they probably do. And with China too (hey! it rhymes! :D ). Doesn't make it right.

The main problem I see is that the US claims they're for democracy and liberty and keep on saying how everybody deserves that, while their actions tell a different story. It's called hypocrisy.

13. IloveAmerica

Yes it means you didnt answer all my questions to prove your a vetran.

14. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

If you knew anything about our government you would realize what I stated was proof. How can I prove it to you, a DD214?

You failed to answer if you served our country or not?

15. idemtidem

She was just trying to say, that in your personal life you do make decisions based on gender and race (well, if you call it decisions) and that it's totally acceptable. Nobody can tell you who to date or be friends with. If you're attracted to a male Asian, then that's it. If you prefer a caucasian female, then that's it. That's not a discrimination.

16. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

Oh I see. You're trying your best to avoid the issue . Yes, they probably do. And with China too (hey! it rhymes! ). Doesn't make it right.

The main problem I see is that the US claims they're for democracy and liberty and keep on saying how everybody deserves that, while their actions tell a different story. It's called hypocrisy.

Not probably do, 100% do...

I am not avoiding anything, injustice exist world wide, but to make such sweeping overgeneralizations about a nation, one that you are not a part of, nor privileged to any real info other than Blesk or the National Inquirer, shows a lack of understanding about global issues.

Its easy to jump on the bandwagonn of hatred...you've made no real point. I claimed that we do (USA) make mistakes, gave an analogy to the Czechs (same mistakes) yet you still only want to bash the Americans....possibly your are neither Czech nor American?

17. ursula

ursula Well-Known Member

now you all, play nice. this is supposed to be fun. by the way, has anyone read kitty kellys book abot the bush family? and is she (KK) ever positiv about anybody? now i have to go and check on highly pregnant llama.
    ursula

18. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

This is fun..

I was called provocative previously. Well, this is an on-line forum, and to provoke conversation is what it is all about...not exactly like we can fist fight here....or can we? :twisted:

19. ursula

ursula Well-Known Member

well, as long as you all agree its fun. go for it guys!
    ursula

20. idemtidem

Where did I make those generalizations? Please, point them out.

I'm not priviledged like that? Hello? You have no idea what news I read, no idea who I am in the first place so this statement of yours is quite insulting. It's easier to call people names, but I would prefer that you actually point out where you believe I'm wrong and why. Afterall in the end we'll just end up agreeing on disagreeing.

I never said I hated anybody. I don't bash anybody. Disagreeing is not bashing. I stated I disagreed with the US and the CR trades with such countries. I never said it was okay for the CR to do that. What I said was that the US trading seems more problematic to me because they say one thing but the other. The CR was not in a war in Iraq. The Czechs did not start it based on false information. The Czechs did not, after the untruths were unfold, act like it didn't really matter that there were no WMD. Because Saddam was a bad guy nevertheless and was violating human rights, killing people etc. and ALL people deserve freedom and democracy. This is all true, but you can't have your mouth full of this talk while in fact, you are being very selective in who deserves all that.

The fact is that every country will try and do what's in their best interest. However, sometimes pursuing their short-term best interests ends up twisting into their long-term worst interests. And I believe that's where the US stands right now. Only time will show who's right and who's wrong and in what aspects no matter how much you or I believe we are right.

I didn't realize that my nationality discriminates me in any way from evaluating the US foreign policy. If you really need to know, I'm a Czech citizen and I reside in the US.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.