Chicken steak topped with peach and cheese sauce?!

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by <3MyCzech, Aug 11, 2006.

1. <3MyCzech

<3MyCzech Member

Any one have a recipe for this? I am unsure of the name in czech, since I only speak English :? It is my love's favorite dish and I'm desperate to prepare it for him. Havn't had much luck in web searches..sigh

2. Sigma

Sigma Well-Known Member

I can't help you, but I had it the last time I was in the Czech Republic - it was delicious. :p

3. <3MyCzech

<3MyCzech Member

:p Thanks, I am pretty certain of that :D

4. magan

magan Well-Known Member

You will find it on most of the Menus in CR restaurants, but it doesn't strike me as typical Czech. First time I noticed it was in "better" type of restaurant years ago, under "Minutky"(fast orders - more expensive dishes as they are done to order. However, now it is everywhere wherever I look at the Menu. It is very easy and innexpensive to make thus good many maker for restaurant.

Chicken breast steaks with peaches (4 portions)

4 slices of chicken breast cut in larger slice (no skin or bone) and tenderized/flatten (with snitzel tool)
    salt & pepper
    all purpose flour (roll your "steaks" in it to cover them)
    4 peaches dipped in boiling water and peeled, sliced OR 4 canned peach halves (this is commonly used)...1/2 peach for each slice of meat

Directions:

Follow above. On non stick pan with justt touch of oil, "fry" slices of chicken breast till golden (one side 3-4 min)

When meat is done keep warm. Add peach slices into same pan and warm up. Dilute meat juices with bit of peach juice from can to make bit of sauce. You can add cca 1 tbs butter (not necessary).
    Arrange on plate: first slice of chicken meat and peach slices on top, juice over it.

Serve with cook potato, or mushed potatoes.
    Takes 20-30 minutes or less (depends if you have pan large enough to do all at the same time)

5. <3MyCzech

<3MyCzech Member

Thanks alot!! I'm so excited to make an attempt. Seems pretty basic, and not alot of work :p
    [​IMG]
    ^ This is the finished result. I'm sure mine won't be so pretty :wink: As long as it tastes good :D

6. magan

magan Well-Known Member

I couldn't recognize anything on that picture. It seems like some exhotic mysterious food. Is that 1/2 of peach covered in something white? And what is that longish pink stuff?

In any case, don't let yourself intimidate by one of the easiest recipe. There is nothing to it and you put it on his plate just the way you like it. No need to overdecorate with other stuff. This recipe will not look like picture at all.

There are also other recipes which are similar and have peach on top: Chicken breast packet with cheese AND peach. Ask your sweetheart how does he remember it. Was there cheese on top of his meat? Was meat stuffed with something or just flat? Let me know and if the above is not exact, I will find others in Czech recipes and translate it for you again.
    I am pretty sure that the recipe I gave you will be it.

7. Ani

Ani Well-Known Member

Magan, I enlarged the picture and it seems to me that the pinkish things are fries and the halved peach is covered in some whitish sauce, maybe the cheese sauce:)

8. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

The peach on top of the chicken steak is covered with a slice of Edam cheese (sometimes with a slice of ham first) and grilled. The pink sticks are French fries (it seems the colors of the picture are not of the best quality :( ) and the rest is vegetables - shredded carrot on a lettuce leaf and sliced cucumber.