Connecting outside the modem

Discussion in 'Make a Connection' started by nyodreamz9, Feb 26, 2004.

1. nyodreamz9

nyodreamz9 New Member

Ahoooooooooj again,

Haven't been to bed yet (it's nearly 04.00); have been browsing the boards and seeing what transpires here. Frankly speaking, the site has a lot of potential for communicating, friendships, teaching and learning amongst other things between people of many different cultures and languages. However, I emphatically implore each member to try to address each topic posted here. I say this because there are real people posting genuinely expressive topics that I am sure they would like replies to. So take a moment or two, make a few taps on the keyboard and clicks on the mouse and help someone out. This is a community right? We can't be a community without compassion for one another. I hope that I have not overstepped my boundries or offended anyone. This site for me is another avenue to learn more about the Czech Republic, it's people and their way of life.

With that said, I am looking for Pals from anywhere on the globe, in any language but with a specific interest in Czech life. I have been 'adopted' by a super group of Czech friends. I want to expand my horizons and someday be able to talk with them about their history and lives in their language. Any help I can get along that path will be appreciated beyond words.

Thanks for hearing me out and I hope to hear from all of you! :D

Dobrou Noc,
    See you N your Dreamz
    Terrance

2. maartenv

maartenv Well-Known Member

Well, Terrance,

You've hit the nail on it's head. I was also a bit sad about the fact that some postings have been unawnsered here for many day's. As you can see in my signature, I'm also a member of an other board. It's more alive, and thus a great resource. (sometimes it get's irritating there due to so many postings, that items get off-topic)

I didn't want to offend anyone else too, but since you've dropped the ball, all I can do is to agree!

Many of the members of the other forum are addicted to it. That forum is all in Dutch, so no good for 99,9% of the members here :cry:

Let's give this forum some spirit. The forum itself, and the people who made it have done a GREAT!! job. (thanks guy's) The rest is up to us.