CZ-> EN (sentence)

Discussion in 'Vocabulary & Translation Help' started by slaha, May 18, 2009.

1. slaha

slaha Member

I would really appreciate your help in translating these two sentences.
    Thanks in advance,

Vzhledem k častým dotazům českých občanů žijících v Kanadě uvádíme, že pro účely výkladu § 17 zákona zahrnuje Civilně správní úsek Ministerstva vnitra ČR pod pojem „cizinec“ rovněž osoby s dvojím občanstvím, z nichž jedno je české. V případě sňatku s takovým „cizincem“ (např. Čechokanaďanem) tak k pozbytí českého státního občanství rovněž nedojde.

S odkazem na to, že kanadský právní řád rozumí pod pojmem sňatek i zákonný svazek osob stejného pohlaví, rovněž uvádíme, že český právní řád pod pojmem „sňatek“ rozumí svazek muže a ženy (tj. dvou osob opačného pohlaví), sňatek osob stejného pohlaví by tedy nebyl v České republice právně uznán. Následně by tedy nabytím kanadského občanství na základě takto uzavřeného manželství došlo k pozbytí občanství českého.

2. wer

wer Well-Known Member

It’s a real challenge! :twisted:

Because of the frequent questions of Czech citizens living in Canada we hereby state that for the purpose of judicial interpretation of the § 17 of the bill the Civil Service Section of the Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic considers the term “cizinec” (foreigner) to cover also the persons with double citizenship, one of which is Czech. Likewise, in case of marriage with such a “cizinec” (a Czech-Canadian for instance) the loss of the Czech state citizenship doesn’t take place.

With respect to the fact that the Canadian law considers the term “marriage” to cover also the marriage of persons of the same sex, we also hereby state that the Czech law considers the term “marriage” to mean only the union of a man and a woman (ie. of two persons of different sex), and thus a marriage of two person of the same sex would not be recognized in the Czech Republic. Consequently, the Czech citizenship would be lost by the acquisition of Canadian citizenship in connection with such an entry into marriage.

3. slaha

slaha Member

Thank you so much. I was very kind of you to translate this for me.
    I really appreciate your help,
    Shai