CZ (?) > EN short translation help

Discussion in 'Vocabulary & Translation Help' started by westwood, Aug 26, 2008.

1. westwood

westwood New Member

Hello, could anyone help me to translate this phrase? From my searches I think it is in czech but I am not completely sure. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Jasam krvaliti zenu'

(Possibly Ja sam kvalita zenu?)

Thank you

2. laylah

laylah Well-Known Member

I am a first rate woman

3. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

That first one scared me a little--with a few small modifications you could get:

Jásám krvalití žen. :shock:

4. Ctyri koruny

Ctyri koruny Well-Known Member

*uses dictionary*

Ahh!

So what is the proper way to write "I am a first rate woman"?

5. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

[Já] Jsem kvalitní žena.

6. eso

eso Well-Known Member

But be advised it isn't very common phrase :)

It means something like - I'm first-rate woman.

7. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Ouch!

8. Ctyri koruny

We have cause to use it all the time don't we Sova?

9. kibicz

kibicz Well-Known Member

Moreover its like phrase from women-market.. :?

10. Petr_B

Petr_B Well-Known Member

The pile of words posted in the first post doesn't look to be even close to being in Czech to me, except for vowels and consonant placement. And going from the odd "Jasam krvaliti zenu" to "Ja jsem kvalitni zena" (which is not exactly Czech natural sentence), seems to be outstretched more than just a bit.

11. wer

wer Well-Known Member

I agree with Petr_B. All the translations in this thread are long shots. It needn't be Czech at all.

12. Ctyri koruny

It seems to me a pretty reasonable approximation in English phonetics... It's difficult enough just differentiating words when you're not used to listening to Czech believe me! They all seem to run together at first.

For instance: Jasam - They're forcing a vowel between the J and the S because these would never come together without one in English.

But yeah, it's anyones guess!

The context would help, where did you hear this phrase?

13. westwood

westwood New Member

Thank you every one for the replies!

Unfortunately the phrase was not found in any context really...I had a friend pass away and I found this written by him...he was very interested in different languages so I thought maybe it had some meaning. I don't think he would be writing about "women markets" though! :shock:

Perhaps it is not even a current day language, I really have no way of knowing. But thank you everyone who took the time to try and help, I really appreciate it. :)