CZ>ENG Legal text

Discussion in 'Vocabulary & Translation Help' started by MARKPROPHET, Apr 26, 2010.

1. MARKPROPHET

MARKPROPHET Member

Please help with a couple of legal phrases!

1 - What is a Zalovane Urceni?

Is this a set phrase meaning "declaratory action" or does it literally mean something like "contested legal proscription" or simply "defended decision"? The context is in a sentence which claims "Zde neni dan nalehavy pravni zajem na zalovanem urceni"

2 - The other phrase I am struggling with is "vykladovy nazor" - is there a specific English term for this?

Many thanks

2. wer

wer Well-Known Member

It refers to the declaration (in Czech: determination = určení) in the action for a declaration judgement (in určovací žaloba).

Literally it means “sued determination”, that is the declaration (determination) demanded by the party filing the action.

Here there is no urgent legal interest on the declaration demanded by the party filing the (declaratory) action. = The party filing the action has no urgent legal interest on the declaration here.

Interpretive opinion, (opinion on) interpretation.

3. MARKPROPHET

MARKPROPHET Member

Amazing! Thank you SO much for your help.

On a related note, I would like to get the best available Cz>Eng legal that I can. I have been recommended Marta Chroma's "Cesko-anglicky pravnicky slovnik s vysvetlivkami" and will need to order the most up-to-date version from the Czech Republic (none of the European Amazon sites have it). If anyone has any other recommendations do please let me know.

Kind regards,