cz to eng short!!!!!

Discussion in 'Vocabulary & Translation Help' started by czechguy2007, Jan 14, 2008.

1. czechguy2007

czechguy2007 Member

Jenze je pomerne stihla coz je tady docela neobvykly. Ja jsem si nikdy nikde nepripadala tak stihla jako tady :)

What is this in English?????

Please help!

2. eso

eso Well-Known Member

But she is relatively slim, which is quite unusual here. I never felt so slim before I came here.

3. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

Must be talking about someone from Czech Republic visiting or living in USA. I felt exactly the opposite when I visited Prague for the first time - I'm not really too big over here but, I felt like an absolute porker in Prague. :oops:

Oh well, it is the beginning of the year - always a good time to start a diet. :)

4. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

You want to get out of Prague, Glenn, next time you come. Apparently, there are a lot more 'larger' people away from the capital. I haven't done that much travelling but I do know that my family in Olomouc are all a lot bigger than me!

5. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Let us know before you come. I guess there is a bunch of people who want to meet you (as well as other people from behind the big pond, especially scrimshaw, our hardworking student).

6. GlennInFlorida

I intend to see a lot more of the Czech Republic on my next trip which will be for sure next October if not sooner. Hope to see a lot of you in person then :D

7. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Polednikova wrote:
    LOL - it looks we are not family ... :cry:

8. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Hey Glenn, that' s an exciting trip to look forward to.
    Good for you for being the traveler.
    I'll experience it vicariously, so report well. :lol:
    You only got 9 months to polish up your czech.

9. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

You should've come as well to practise you spoken czech :)

10. Polednikova

I forgot you are from Olomouc, Jano. I presume you live in America but how often do you come over? Let me know next time you're here and I'll pay the family a visit and we can have a beer!

11. Polednikova

I think we should have a proper party for you.

Who has any contacts at the US Embassy? I think they should host it, given what a superb ambassador Glen is for his country!

12. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Right now, I am in Olomouc and will stay here for a while. I have a very good reason for that - my daughter is going to bless me with my first grandchild in mid-February! :D :D :D
    So, I will be happy to meet you here any time. BTW, speaking about beer, have you tried Litovel yet?

13. Polednikova

How wonderful for you - you must be so excited! I wonder if I can fit in a quick day trip to Olomouc before you get subsumed by nappies and the like? Will work on it and let you know.

And I presume Litovel's what we had when we went to visit the cousins in August. It must be good stuff because I've never seen Tony quite so drunk although it could have been the slivovice that they kept slipping him as well! I wasn't taking quite such an interest in the different breweries then but now we've discovered Pivovarsky Klub, just down the road from the flat, I'm enjoying tasting beers as though they were wine! PK is like a wine bar but they sell beer, with six different drafts on offer, together with hundreds of different bottled beers. That's a thought, I will see if they've got Litovel next time we're in there..

And another thought. If we can't get the US Embassy to put on a 'do' for Glenn, Pivovarsky Klub would be a great place to get together. (Probably a different thread - I lose track!)

14. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!

15. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Thank you - we know already we will have a little girl and my knitting needles keep glowing red hot... :lol:

16. GlennInFlorida

That is very flattering - I'm embarrased :oops:

17. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Hey Jano, that's great news about your soon to arrive granddaughter.
    Buy her a krteček.

18. GlennInFlorida

Let me add my congratulations, too!
    This is a special time in life when those of us of "a certain age" get one of life's greatest blessings - grandbabies!

19. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Thank you all very much - I am afraid I will bother you pretty soon with pictures and progress and beauty and smartness of my granddaughter to the extent my membership here will be cancelled... :wink: