Czech Fashion

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by KJP, Feb 25, 2005.

1. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

What is up with the newest and latest Czech fashion that says don an arabic scarf, wrap you face in it and pull your hood up like a gangster?!

I remember in 1993 going into K. Banka and the teller had on a purple suit with an orange tie and a green shirt, I kid you not ! Now, there is a history here to the colors and fashion, but my God, the guy had little fishies on his socks too !

My neighbor is Mr. Blueberry, across the hall is Mr. Sadness, whom lives next to Mrs. Skoda (what a shame/Pity)!!!

Ring in if you know of the historical reasons for the LOUD ass colors here, and trash that stupid terrorist scarf guys~!

2. evian

evian Well-Known Member

Hi
    Is this true??!! I'm sorry I don't know any reasons why (I live in Australia). I am interested in Czech fashion however, do you know anywhere I can see a picture of someone wearing this???
    Thanks.

3. Eva2

Eva2 Well-Known Member

This brash colour palette must be new. I don't remember any loud colors during my last visit about two years ago. A bank teller in orange suit must be quite remarkable. Perhaps it was a bet?

Terrorism apart, I find that traditional male Arabic dress does not lack flair. My favorite fashion pinup is Colonel Khadafi. You can always rely on him for a show, complete with tightly-clad female bodyguards. As for the Arabic scarfs, I'd rather see those than baseball caps, tattoos and baggy pants. The latter are fashion terrorism. This said, don't accuse me of siding with Al Quaeda. I'have been exchanging insults with e-terrorists for months. They even hacked my computer. :evil:

4. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

Purple jacket, white socks and black step-ins was something of a uniform of "new businessmen" in early 90's. Luckily, that time is gone.

Wearing something with a hood is part of current youth style - sk8, hip-hop etc. Adding a scarf to it in winter seems logical to me - even young rebels must keep themeselves warm :)