Czech football

Discussion in 'Sports' started by meda, Aug 17, 2005.

1. meda

meda Well-Known Member

Today Czech plays against Sweden. it is a friendly match. Czech loses some players because of injury. :cry: Do toho Cesky :!: :!: :!:

2. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

You should said: Do toho Češi. If you said "Češky" you mean only czech women, and in this match plays only men.

3. meda

meda Well-Known Member

Děkuji vám :)
    When I say "Czech football", can I say "český fotbal" ?

BTW... Czech lost.... :cry: ...

4. gementricxs

You can say český fotbal, but I don't know what you mean with it. So, if you can give me some example, some sentences, which you want to say, I'll be able to help you.

5. meda

meda Well-Known Member

Děkuji gementricxs !
    I made a mailing list. The title was "český fotbal".
    I was going to write about news of players from Czech, Czech national team and a little about Czech league information. (All for men's football). After I read your message, I changed the title into "Czech football ".
    Do you think what kind of title suits the list in Czech ??

6. gementricxs

Český fotbal. I think that you can use it in this case.

7. brigitte

brigitte Well-Known Member

Hopefully Milan Baros has got his Achilles injury sorted by the weekend!

I am SOOOOOO looking forward to see him play Liverpool in English Premiership, though, I'd just love to see Villa win, and he scores to ensure that win! Silly post, I know, but I think he was treated so shoddily by Liverpool, I think it would be poetic justice... :lol: :lol:

8. wissy

wissy Well-Known Member

I could not agree with you more Brigitte. I hope he scores two!!
    Wissy.

9. brigitte

Well, must buy that number 10 Baros T shirt then!! Just to wear to the pub to watch the match. Trouble is if he does score methinks I'll get a lot of hassle off disgruntled Scousers!! Seeing as the pub I watch the match from is a 700 capacity, there are going to be plenty.. Better get my tongue sharpened!! :lol: :lol:

Edit: The match is 5th November - Guy Fawkes Night....

How appropriate, all those fireworks.... :wink:

10. brigitte

Congratulations on the win tonight!! Excellent. :D :D

I didn't get to see the match, as cannot find it anywhere on net, except via broadband. I'm unfortunately on dial up still... :oops:

Great news - good on you lads!! :D