Czech Tutor in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area

Discussion in 'Language Exchange & Czech Classes' started by Usal, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Usal

Usal Well-Known Member

Hi all I am looking for a Czech language tutor in the Ft. Lauderdale area. If anyone knows of someone or can give me suggestions on how best to learn the language. I've just returned (last night) from a two week holiday in CZ and I really love the city.

Thanks,

Usal

2. sussy

sussy Active Member

I am looking for a Czech tutor in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area as well. I am an ESL teacher by trade, so we could even swap English/Czech classes.

-Sussy

3. Usal

Usal Well-Known Member

Ahoj Sussy,
    If you looked at the date of my post you will see it has been here awhile now. The only tutor I have found is in Orlando. That is a heck of a commute. If you happen to find someone, please let me know. I've been teaching myself and it is slow going to say the least. But I'm much better than I was when I posted my first message. :D

Take care neighbor,

Michael

4. sussy

sussy Active Member

Ahoj Neighbour!

I just moved down from Orlando less than a year ago. So much for that...

I saw that your message was from December, but I was hoping that by reviving the link, there would be some new interest. If I hear anything, I'll definately let you know. I'm in the Hollywood area btw.

5. Tamara

Tamara Member

I am also looking for a czech language tutor in the Miami area let me know if you find anyone and I will do the same

6. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Try local libraries; or perhaps you can find some Czech restaurants or stores where you can hang a sign. Also, many Czechs will shop at polish stores. You could put an add in the paper. You might also want to watch the paper for any czech events. Don't forget meetup.com, there might be a czech group on that site as well. If you get really desperate and want to borderline stalking, you could try checking out books written in the czech language from your library. Some libraries still have the sign in list so you can get names of those who have previously checked them out and then try to get a phone number in a local directory from the name. If they can't teach you, they may know a Czech person who can. I found my Czech teacher by word of mouth - the friend of a grandmother of a kid who plays on my son's basketball team. Imagine that! And she didn't teach Czech, but when I asked if she was interested, she agreed and she is great.

Best wishes to you all.