Diesel Engine Work in CZ.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by The Animal, Nov 12, 2006.

1. The Animal

The Animal Well-Known Member

How is the Diesel Engine Industry doing in CZ ? Where are all the Big Diesel Engines at ? Like 2000 HP and above ? Also how much does a Diesel Technican make in a month ? 8) 8) Prosim respond Dekuji.

2. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm not sure:

Is diesel technician someone, who repair and maintain the diesel engines that power transportation equipment such as heavy trucks, buses, and locomotives?

3. The Animal

Ano, Diesel Engines power a lot of differnt types of equipment, like you mentioned. Are there any surface mines in CZ. ? A lot of big heavy equipment would be there. 8) 8)

4. eso

eso Well-Known Member

There are surface mines.
    Furthermore Czech Republic has one of the most extensive railway networks in Europe and bus and truck transportation is very common here, too.

Unfortunately, I don't know about salaries etc... It probably depends on region, too.

Bzt do this kind of job without knowledge of Czech language can be difficult.

5. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Of course, there is many normal cars here with diesel engines too and for example - someone, who is able do chip tuning can make good money, but this probably isn't, what you are talking about.

6. wer

wer Well-Known Member

Sorry, The Animal, Czech Republic as a industrial country with surface mines is possibly one of the most promising countries within the EU, but in general, diesel engines are less used in Europe. Just compare fuel costs in Europe and America. Maybe Russia is more promising.

The surface mining was very extensive during communistic era, but now it is declining. And even in this industry, the electric power is more used (in comparison with America, it is undeniable there are some diesel engines).

Railway transport is mostly electrified, only local trains use diesel engines extensively. Shipment is minimal at all.

Maybe the building industry, but I doubt you can penetrate. It is under the thumb of big corporations.

7. The Animal

Dekuji, for the information, I've done some research and found a Detroit Diesel Shop in Bohdalov, CZ. Do you know anything about them and Town/city? What I gathered they work on truck engines. How far away are they from Prague ?
    CZ. Seems like a realy nice place to be, Na shledanou . 8) 8)

8. eso

eso Well-Known Member

9. MK

MK Well-Known Member

10. The Animal

Zetor has some nice looking tractors, they are a big company.
    I didn't know they were wold wide. 8) 8)

Na shledanou