Dobrou Chut

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by KJP, Mar 29, 2005.

1. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

My Czech friends always comment to me that Czech food tastes so good, to which I reply: You take a bath in oil and I bet you'd taste good too!

Not exactly the meals of bodybuilders, but yes, tasty...

Boy, am I controversial :}

2. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

No, you are provocative.

3. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

Možná máš pravdu ale,spousta lidí mě tady nemá rádo!!

4. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Should be: "Spousta lidí mě tady nemá ráda!!"

5. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

Maybe... Maybe we should ask what is the cause and what is the consequence...

6. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

The cause is you are an Atheist, the consequence of which is found out the hard way! (just kidding, but it is a bit like having a fish on the back of your car with the words Darwin inside it)!!!

A Theist for life....and I thank God for it :}

OK...OK...my Czech sucks....rado, rada, to je jedno :}

BTW- if I provoke, it is because the power of many with no voice is weaker than the one with :}

* Jana, are you sure it is rada? A few Czechs here in my office are differing with you, so we placed a call to the professor down the block, will keep you posted (or, if you are sure, can u explain it to me, in Czech please)?

7. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

Professor confirms it is rada, you are right, of course. Thank you for correcting me, I don't take it as a personal attack on my character, but possible indicative of my czech schooling :{ !!!!!!

We are all just IT heads in this office, kind of like motor heads without the grease...

But Good Lord, a few in the office thought I was right! Jsem zklamán....

8. fabik317

fabik317 Well-Known Member

KJP, maybe it isn't exactly correct but in common (esp. spoken) czech using "rádo" instead of "ráda" in this particular sentence wouldn't raise an eyebrow even if it was said by a native czech, don't worry.

9. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

Thanks, I am trying and appreciate the input :lol: