EN---> CZ--- Have a nice weekend

Discussion in 'Vocabulary & Translation Help' started by milton, Sep 15, 2006.

1. milton

milton Well-Known Member

hahaha I know this is a kind of 'buzerant' question to ask-hahahaha, i.e.. I should have learned this one MONTHS ago but anyways:

"Have a nice weekend" I was thinking maybe something like hezky vikend? I'm not exactly sure...

be sure to include the singular AND plural in your translation(s) please. meaning, have a nice weekend for ONE person as opposed to have a nice weekend said to many people.
    thanks in advance.

S Pozdravem,
    Milton

2. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Yes, "Hezký víkend" or "Přeji hezký víkend"

BTW: Are you sure you know, what "buzerant" means?

3. milton

milton Well-Known Member

I do... fortunately for me I could laugh at somebody else's mistake for once... hahahha.. my friend said to his czech co-workers... (because he thought he was using a derivitave of the verb 'buzerovat') I am the biggest buzerant alive, you need to be more of a buzerant like me.

hahahahahahaha

4. mbm

mbm Well-Known Member

This is where slang gets tricky. Somebody who buzeruje others (=bothers, harasses) is not necessarily a buzerant (=gay, queer).

5. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Anyway, I still don't understand, why is question about "Hezký víkend" considered as "buzerant".

6. mbm

mbm Well-Known Member

Me neither. Only himself knows what was going through his head when he wrote it ;-)