English wanting to learn Czech

Discussion in 'Language Exchange & Czech Classes' started by Dozer, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Dozer

Dozer New Member

Hi, I've read some very interesting posts on this site over the past month or so and it seems the best site about the Czech Republic.

I'm looking for someone to email/msg etc from Czech Rep. I'm English, 33 years old, male, and live in Bristol, UK. I've been interested in learning Czech for a few months now, since meeting a beautiful Czech girl from Brno who lives here. I met her through a Czech friend and since knowing her I've just wanted to learn about where she is from, and of course learning the language is important if I want to understand the culture. This particular friend is probably never going to be anything more than just that, and when she is home I receive photo's and texts and it is almost like I've been there. Even though we will never be more than friends, and she may return home, I still want to learn. Hopefully, I will be able to visit for myself one day.
    Basically I want to learn what I cant through chatting via mail/text with someone. I understand pronounciation is a totally different story, but I've searched for a tutor here with no joy. Basically I can sign up to the University, but cant commit or afford it!
    So, if anyone wants to correspond with a guy from England, and I can learn a little from it, gimme a bell.

Thanks,
    Dozer.

2. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

I'm American so you really don't want my help with Czech but I wanted to welcome you to the site. Enjoy.

3. Dozer

Dozer New Member

Many thanks :)