Europeans-women and makeup

Discussion in 'Culture' started by KJP, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Sílený Jízda

Sílený Jízda Active Member

We both drop the seat and the lid. It seems our dear cats look at it as a big martini glass and everyday is Sinco De Mayo(sp) for them.

:lol:

2. I have to laugh about the cats! Thank goodness I have a dog!

Anyway, I don't think you are being sexist, spotted circle. I am a woman who has that same viewpoint. I wear very little but then again I know I don't need much. My man loves it. He has seen me without it and thinks I am beautiful but when I do make the effort (every day might I add), he thinks I have this exotic, glamorous look and it drives him wild. I love that and it makes me feel good. He is someone that is very well dressed, well groomed, etc, even when we are home. And I love it. I wish more men would take care of themselves like that.

In today's society, alot of men tend to have a wandering eye and I know this. The trick to keeping both of you happy is to be creative, spontaneous and at times, a little sexy!! :oops: When a woman ceases to make an effort in her life and her marriage to make herself up for the man she loves, it tells me that either yes, she is too busy or too tired to do it or she has gotten this mentality that "I've already got him so why should I do anything to show him that he's still worth the effort to me?"

Wanna keep the desire, passion and love alive? Make an effort. That goes for men too. Get to shaving, slap on some nice cologne, do something nice for your lady and you will find that she will always do something nice for you. :wink:

3. BTW:

My man ALWAYS lifts the lid when he does his "business" and puts it down when he is done. And should he make any mess in a drunken state, he cleans it up without having to be asked to. So in that regard, he takes care of me, I take care of him!!! :D :wink:

4. John Rihacek

John Rihacek Active Member

The application of makeup in the states has suffered. As for NYC fashion
    Black is the color until they make something darker. I find black boring anyway-it is a color to hide body flaws such as over eating, certainily a
    problem in the states. After 25 years of marriage, my wife rarely wears
    makeup unless she is going out in public or to work, and then a light amount to cover her pale appearance. She is of English/German ancestry and is quite pale. It is easier being a man and not worring about
    makeup other than a morning shave.

5. brook

brook Well-Known Member

After reading some of these posts here, all I have to say is, who cares??? It's make-up for goodness sakes! It's not the end all be all of a woman and thank god. Make-up has it's place, I'll give you that, but how a woman (or a man, I might add) feels about himself makes all the difference, make-up or no make-up.

And I think black is a beautiful color. :mrgreen:

6. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

Okay, black is a nice color, but not whe you use it a lot like some ppl do.

7. gypzy

gypzy Well-Known Member

Two words for the ladies: Estee Lauder

I know, maybe some American and Canadian women are thinking "that's my mothers/grandmothers makeup". I used to think the same thing. I love it. Yes, it may be more expensive than "drug store" brands, but it looks classy. I used to wear "drug store" brands, but it looked caky. I don't know how available it is in Europe. I went on the website www.esteelauder.com and there is flags for Germany and Russia, a few other countries, but no Czech flag.

Wearing moisturizer under foundation helps smooth out the look. Most important a girl/woman should wear it for herself, not merely to impress a man. If she wears it for herself she'll feel good about herself. If she wears it just for a man she won't. And ladies, DON'T let a man tell you to wear make-up or not, it's up to YOU 8)!

I noticed that some of the posts on this thread mentioned that Eurorean women wear more make-up than American women. When I moved to the area of Michigan that I currently live in I had first lived in a motel for borders. I lived in a resort town of Mackinaw City. In the Summer many Jamaicans and Europeans come in to work there. I had three Polish roommates. At night we would go out to the club (glorified bar), for music and drinks. Most of the European girls wore little to no make-up. My roommates usually had to wait for me to get ready.

By 4 Now

8. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

Neither black nor white are colors!!!!!!!!!

9. Zeisig

Zeisig Well-Known Member

And the material objects per se have no colours. (Every cat is black in the dark.)

10. brook

brook Well-Known Member

okay then, I think black is a beautiful non-color... 8)

11. brook

brook Well-Known Member

Nicely put! I agree!

I once had a male friend many years ago who everytime I saw him would try to physically wipe off my lipstick (I used to love red lipstick, now I barely have time to think about it!). Most annoying thing ever. His girlfriend was gorgeous and used to wear a moderate amount of make-up, but soon after getting with this guy, stopped wearing make-up altogether. Ugh...

12. ultraspunk

ultraspunk Member

What about Egyptians?

I like make up if applied correctly....and in small doses....moderation....in all things.

-Robert

13. ultraspunk

ultraspunk Member

any bi polar bears out there?

14. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

bi-polar bears
    (manic-depressive great furry animals)

bi(sexual) polar bears
    (white great furry animals with a penchant for either sex)

bi-polar bears
    (manic-depressive gay slang for hairy, usually plump men)

bi(sexual) polar bears
    (gay slang for white haired, usually plump men with a penchant for either sex)

probably some of each... but, I don't know any

15. gypzy

gypzy Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi GlennInFlorida,
    Thank you, I needed a good laugh after a busy weekend. Keep up the good humor 8) :lol: !

By 4 Now!