Florida journalist looking for info on Czech education

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by FloridaTrend, Jun 6, 2006.

1. FloridaTrend

FloridaTrend New Member

I am a writer at a Florida business magazine. We are working on a cover story on global education in about 10 countries, including the Czech Republic.

I am hoping that someone can put me in touch by e-mail with a 16-year-old student currently in school who could answer a few questions. We are trying to compare the curricula in upper secondary education in each of the countries.

I have contacted the Czech embassy in Washington twice and have not received a response, so I'm hoping that someone here can help me.

Thanks.

Barbara
    Please respond to bmiracle@FloridaTrend.com

2. MK

MK Well-Known Member

Barbara

probably you already got contacts you need.

If you are still seeking then I recommend you to try to send your request to Czech Ministry of Education: www.msmt.cz They can be more of assistance then these guys on embassies.

3. FloridaTrend

FloridaTrend New Member

Thank you, MK.

I am still working on finding a student and have contacted the Ministry of Education. I'm having the best luck, however, with the Fulbright program that sends U.S. teachers to the Czech Republic and Czech Republic teachers to the U.S. I think that will work out for my story.

Thanks for posting.

Barbara

4. MK

MK Well-Known Member

Wow, that was very quick reply.

I am glad you are already on the promising way to get some contacts. It looks like I was "late to the party" with my recomendation :)

I wish you success in your project.

MK