GOLD in Diesel Fuel and Gasoline?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The Animal, Mar 11, 2008.

1. The Animal

The Animal Well-Known Member

Dear Dana,
    You did not offend me at all. No need to apologize. :wink: :wink:

According to ESO's graft, we sure do use a lot of oil. :roll: :roll:

2. The Animal

As of today I paid $4.30 for one gallon of Diesel. My truck will take $100 doller's easily to fill up.
    I spoke to one of můj friends who runs a drilling rig. He said that the oil prices and cost of fuel is high because the dollar is losing it's value. The American dollar is going down in value, in turn is making oil cheaper for everyone else because their currancy is worth more than the dollar. The United States realy needs to pay off the National Dept. That is hurting us.

Anyone else have any opinion's :?: :?:

3. eso

eso Well-Known Member

We have 7.5$ per galon of Diesel here.

4. czechchris

czechchris Well-Known Member

At current exchange values the equivalent of 1 US gallon of diesel in UK is $9.20.

Your friend who thinks fuel is cheaper for everyone else needs to have a rethink! Haulage firms here in UK are protesting at the high costs of fuel (which costs are passed on in higher food prices etc as most things are transported by road).

5. wer

wer Well-Known Member

Czech crown is the world's most quickly growing currency, but still the prize of oil in the Czech Republic is slowly growing.

6. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

I'm sure you meant "price" but that is a great (if somewhat unintentional) pun.

With the Czech crown growing as it is, at least you won't have to put up with dumb tourists saying "Oooh! Everything is so cheap!" :wink:

7. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

When I was in Ukraine or Bulgaria, I was dumb tourist as well :)

8. wer

wer Well-Known Member

Oh, yes, that's one of my favourite mistakes. :lol:
    I know the difference perfectly, but I do the same mistake again and again.

I also tend to use German "fast" instead of "almost", but the worst of my confusions are the conjugated forms of German verbs "schießen" and "scheißen". :twisted:

9. GlennInFlorida

well, thats pretty sh*tty :wink:

10. The Animal

czechchris wrote

After seeing what you pay per gallon, I agree with you. So, what drove up the prices of fuel there?

11. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Why gas in the U.S. is so cheap
    http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/01/news/in ... 2008050109

12. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Gas prices.
    That blue line at the bottom are USA.

[​IMG]

13. The Animal

Děkuji for the graft Eso,
    It is shocking for us Americans that fuel prices are going up. At least we are not at the top of the graft yet :wink: :wink:
    A couple of more years we may be in the high rankings of the graft that Eso posted.

14. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

I guess this will never happend. Your "DC-Shepherds", regardles or their surname is Bush, Clinton, McKain or Obama, will never let that happend.

[​IMG]
    //picture is a little bit older

The other option is to move to Tehran or Caracas :) in case I am wrong.

15. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

DC shepards :lol: ...never heard this terminology before.
    Our gas prices are not inline with the majority of nations, because we do not put so much tax on it.

A truer test of real price comparison would be a graph of prices at the pump minus all attached taxes.

16. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Well, but maybe if you do, you could have used these money to build public transport networks in past ;)

There is only finite amount of oil in Earth.

BTW - I heard that in USA you have term "joy ride", which means "driving in car without goal, only for joy from riding itself". Is it correct?

17. GlennInFlorida

Yes, but it usually only applies to describing what teenagers do when they steal a car.

18. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

We also have the term cruisin'. This also usually refers to teenagers who live in a small town with nothing to do. Therefore, to meet friends, they cruise around the small area of the town (2 to 3 miles) for an hour or so just to find others out cruisin' and then meet up at the local Pizza Hut parking lot (or another small town restaurant) to learn of some party or something else to do that night. However, this was when I was a teenager (in the 80's) so I'm not sure it still happens these days. My son is 16 and has a driver's license and has never asked to do it. Perhaps with the price of gasoline and popularity of cell phones amongst teens, cruisin' is no longer a necessity to discover "where it's happenin'" But I typed it in on youtube and there were quite a few videos of teens driving around having fun.

Older people are also known to cruise which is drive slowly around the countryside just for the view.

19. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Yea, joyride, aimless trip, just for the fun of riding around.

And about the taxes on gas. Higher taxes would fund infrastructure and have added benefit of discouraging driving, and having big cars, and encourage use of mass transit. Governments use such things to shape the vision that they have for their country.
    Prices are rising so fast now, that it is forcing people to make such changes.
    Maybe this is the shock that is needed in this economy.
    We, admittedly, do not have a rational approach to energy conservation.

20. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Or conservation of any kind, really. We spend way too little money on alternative energy research (and mostly on corn ethanol :roll: ), and way too much money on cheap Chinese plastic toys only to have them end up in our landfills a month or so later.