Has anyone been to Prague?

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by LaRusski, Jul 3, 2006.

1. LaRusski

LaRusski Active Member

Dobry den everyone!
    I could possibly be going to the Czech Republic this summer, specifically to Prague. Could someone recommend some things to do or sights worth seeing? Thanks!

2. Shaka

Shaka Active Member

would anyone agree with me if i said the czech and UK are similar in that in the day, there isnt a great deal to get round to doing, when the suns sets however, life picks up,
    i found this to be the case, and it isnt a bad thing, when you visit other countries, you could thrash round all day and still not see all you wanted to, then by night, your not as bothered about going out, and there isnt as much nightlife anyway,
    prague is definately #1 for night culture, theres plenty to do my friend, im sure you will find a club/bar to suit you!! while your under the sun however, expect not to find much, still ok though

3. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

4. LaRusski

LaRusski Active Member

Thanks for the reply, Jeff! I'll be sure to look around inside and outside the city. We're probably going to see Karlstejn Castle and several others as well.

5. Eva2

Eva2 Well-Known Member

Don't believe Shaka, LaRusski. Prague has a lot to offer during the day if you are not handicapped by a hangover.

6. LaRusski

LaRusski Active Member

OK...well I'monly 17 so I won't be drinking any beer! :wink:

7. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

In Czech republic you can. No one cares.

8. TroskuAmericanka

TroskuAmericanka Active Member

you can also go for some boat rides on the river, or get bus tours, or go to the top of the Astronomical clock, or eat in the rooftop restaurant (U Prince) in OTS. There are lots of things to do...get tattooed or pierced (hehe) 8), buy gifts for friends, eat Czech food in restaurants, watch the sun go down (or rise) over Prague. Hey, get to Charles Bridge (karluv most) at about 4:30 in the morning, and you can take some great pictures! Almost nobody is up except for joggers (who might block a few of your pictures but oh well) and it is almost completely empty. It is really nice for pics.
    Ok that is all the tips I have...I think... oh! you can always go take funny pictures next to the castle guards. Like making funny faces or asking them to marry you...they can´t move or do anything so it´s fun. Which reminds me, changing of the guards at 12 noon! Fun to watch! MEJ SE

9. Eva2

Eva2 Well-Known Member

Message from the castle guards: All jokers will have a special place in hell! :evil:

10. TroskuAmericanka

TroskuAmericanka Active Member

whoa, really? :? harsh...... :cry:

PS, they get paid to stand there and they know it´s gonna happen by someone who walks by. So it´s their choice, work and earn it....or not...

11. John Rihacek

John Rihacek Active Member

I recommend the advertised trip to Kutna Hora, and Sedlac (the bone church. Given my grandmother was from Maselov south of Kutna Hora, I will try not to be biased. Our guide described Kutna Hora and the region East of Praha as the "lungs of Praha." The countryside was quite beautiul with the small villages (actual vacation homes) being quaint. Prior to your arrival in Kutna Hora the countryside becomes a high plateau similar to the Poconons in Pennsylvania, and the views of the sky on a clear day are very impressive.

Good luck.

12. Sigma

Sigma Well-Known Member

The silver mines in Kutna Hora are also worth a look.