having problems with czech student visa in nigeria

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by ik, Nov 7, 2005.

1. ik

ik Active Member

Dear All,

I hereby solicit your advices on what to do. I am a Nigerian undergraduate student hoping to further my studies in prague college. I have my admission letter and potrzeni ubytovani, and i have been to the embassy on three different occasion.

My Process at the embassy is a very tedious one. They never answer questions on telephone and will never tell you what the requirements are at once. You will asked to get requirements at different times

Right now, i am thinking of what i can do, maybe to contact the Nigeria consulate in Czech republic or someone who can help in the foreign affairs in czech.
    thanks

2. Jirka

Jirka Well-Known Member

Hi Ike,

just an observation: it seems as though your country's consulate nearest the Czech Republic is in Warsaw, Poland. I found this information on the Czech Republic Ministry of Foreign Affairs' website (http://www.mzv.cz/wwwo/mzv/default.asp?ido=12136&idj=1&amb=1&ikony=False&trid=1&prsl=False&pocc1=). On the website they did not forget to include a disclaimer saying the ministry is not respondible for up-to-dateness of such information. And that's the point. You're probably dealing with some red tape parasites. My general advice, implementation of which requires certain degree of courage, is:

- Ask for the information conveyed in the written form with a signature of the person in charge.
    - If the above fails, ask for 'the manager'.

Hope you'll get some inspiration from my reply.

Good luck!

Jirka

3. ik

ik Active Member

Thanks for the advice.

I have called the Nigeria embassy in Poland, i was able to talk to the person in-charge of student visas. He said that there was no way he could contact the embassy for me because he does not know me in person and cannot attest for my character. I wouldn't even blame him because he cannot be certain of the sincerity of my purpose to travel. This is a very big problem in my country

I will still try my luck at the embassy on Thursday. If there be anything you think i should try, please let me know.
    ik