Help! Vanilla Extract & Brown Sugar

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by rrc, Mar 5, 2007.

1. rrc

rrc Active Member

I'm trying to make chocolate chip cookies, and here is what I still can't locate:

- REAL Vanilla Extract (not Vanilla Aroma)

- Sticky dark brown sugar like in the US

- Chocolate chips

I figure if I can't find chocolate chips I can just try smashing a chocolate bar... but I don't know what to do about the first two. I checked the Tesco in the center, Alberts, Interspar in Hostivar, Marks & Spencer in the center.. ahhhhhhh

Thank you :)

2. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

I never did find brown sugar or chocolate chips anywhere in the Czech Republic during the course of the two years I lived there. I never looked for vanilla extract. Occasionally, however, you'll find hidden gems scattered about the country. I was able to find salsa and tortilla chips in Prague, peanut butter in the refrigerated section (it is "butter" after all :lol: ) of a mid-sized potraviny in Žilina, Slovakia, even root beer (once on a dusty top shelf in some small Czech town in southern Bohemia--can't even remember the name now). Perhaps some of these items are more commonplace there now, however--this was 10-12 years ago. Good luck!

3. rrc

rrc Active Member

Well, if it helps anyone else out there, I found BOTH Vanilla Extract (99 CZK) and real dark sticky brown sugar (79 CZK) at Culinaria.