How do I find old friends in Olomouc,Czech Republic?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ian Munn, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Ian Munn

Ian Munn Member

In 1991 I lived in Olomouc and and had some friends that I have lost touch with. If you have any ideas or good sources please let me know.

2. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

I guess I could help - if you PM me your friendsĀ“ names or any other details (I know everybody here :wink: ).

3. Ian Munn

Ian Munn Member

Jana,
    Thankyou for the reply. I had two friends named Boda and Lenka who were married and lived in the physical training dormitory. I also had a good friend named Barca(Barbora) Zizkova who also lived in the same residence. I was in contact for a few years but I lost my address book. I was very sad to lose these friends because they were very good to me. Anything you could do would be very appreciated. Possibly look in alumni book for 1991 graduates from physical training. Thanks a million. I miss Olomouc, I spent a very happy 6 months there. Some of the best times of my life. Were you there then? Ian Munn

4. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Of course, I was at the school of arts in 1991, working as the administrator of several TEMPUS and COST projects. I will try to find your friends at the school of physical culture and let you know. :)

5. Ian Munn

Ian Munn Member

Jana,
    Thankyou so much. I really appreciate it. You may even remeber me. I worked teaching english conversation to pedagogy students, in particular to Ex-Russian school teachers. Boda and Lenka came to visit me for Christmas in 1992 and soon after I lost my address book. Since then I recieved a couple of post cards but no address and I forget their last names. I really feel terrible. You really are doing me a great service.Barca was my girlfriend and really my first love. I am now happily married but would love to say hello. Sincerely, Ian

6. Ian Munn

Ian Munn Member

Hi Jana,
    Just wondering if you had found anything out? Thanx again. Ian

7. Ian Munn

Ian Munn Member

Hello Jana,
    Did you find anything out? Ian

8. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

I am sorry - so far I have not found any of your friends, but I am still trying. If you could remember any other details (the major subjects they studied), it would be helpful. The list of graduates of 1991 did not show any of the names you gave. However, I guess we met in 1991; do you remember Troy McGrath or Jonathan Stein (they were American visiting lecturers here in 1990/91)?

9. Ian Munn

Ian Munn Member

Hi Jana,
    Thankyou for the reply. Boda was in physical training as was Barbora(Barca). Lenka was in Biology I believe. I lived in the physiacl training dorm beside U sportovni haly. I do not remember the Americans though. Weird! There was a British guy named Paul though. Thanx for your help. Ian