How to call from Ohio, USA to Prague?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by barboraCZ, Sep 17, 2004.

1. barboraCZ

barboraCZ New Member

Do i need to add some number in order to call from USA? Thanks very much for reply :)

2. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Well-Known Member

Hi,

I think what you need to dial is 00420 plus the number you want to reach in the Czech Republic.

3. barboraCZ

barboraCZ New Member

thanks i thought so. But it doesn't work this way, at least when i tried it last time. There might be something wrong with the phone. Never mind thanks

4. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

The part before 420 may differ. Most usually it is 00, but maybe you have to dial some number to get to outer line, or the international calls are blocked... Just find out how to make international calls (ask the owner of the phone, or the phone company), then dial 420 for Czech republic, and then the nine digit Czech number (that remindes me - all Czech phones have been renumbered a year or so ago, make sure you use the up-to-date number. All Czech numbers now have exactly nine digits and no leading 0).

5. Emperor

Emperor Member

international prefix, 3 numbers

Country code, 3 numbers

number, 9 numbers

xxxxxxxxx

input them in that order and you should be good to go, this works from Canada to Czech no problem.

6. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

According to this site, Emperor has it right.

7. Emperor

Emperor Member

Glad to be backed up with something more official than me just pressing random numbers, heh :D