i have a few questions

Discussion in 'General Language' started by shashrooms, Jan 27, 2005.

1. shashrooms

shashrooms New Member

hi i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to say these words in czech
    life, death, heaven, hell, god, devil. also i just want to ask if anyone her is from Georgia near atlanta, thats where i live and im looking for someone to tutor me in Czech i know some but its just stuff my grandmother tought me. i really want to become fluent.
    thanks alicia

2. marketa137

marketa137 Member

life - život
    death - smrt
    heaven - nebe
    hell - peklo
    god - bůh
    devil - ďábel

Cannot help you with the other thing, sorry. I know there are plenty of Czech people living and working there, though. I presume you should try and post your question again in a make-a-connection section. Btw, have you tried a meet-up? (czech.meetup.com)

3. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, there are currently no tutors in Atlanta listed on this site (see http://www.myczechrepublic.com/czech_language/tutors/index.html), but I noticed that there is a person listed as looking for a tutor. Perhaps you could add your name to this list.

Also, if you do a search on "Atlanta" on these boards, you'll find several topics where others in Atlanta have been looking for Czech speakers for various reasons. Perhaps you can try contacting one of them to find a tutor.

4. shashrooms

shashrooms New Member

thank you for your help, i will check that site out.