Infidelity in czech marriages

Discussion in 'Culture' started by northunder, Jul 30, 2004.

1. brigitte

brigitte Well-Known Member

I agree with Babicka. Men can be emotional - it is just that it is not the done thing in some cultures to show their emotions. My partner can be, but then his was annoyance when he found out about the two nice diamond earrings I put on the card..... :lol:

Seriously, though - I prefer men that can show their emotions. Jokers, cocky, macho men are a turn off - I like a man in touch with his emotions. Men are the same as us at the end of the day, it is just society that seems to expect men to mask their feelings because they would be less of men if they didn't.

2. babicka

babicka Well-Known Member

Malnik - You have just given me an emotional reply. (Joke!!) So men do not have emotions?

3. Malnik

Malnik Well-Known Member

Ok ok....i confess...yes men do have emotions.
    However you ladies need to decide what you want. Historically it has been inbred that boys/men dont show them. Women want a strong muscley (how do you spell that?), character that can be relied upon when ever you need him in all situations. Dont want someone who breaks down....we need a leader.
    Alternatively the new age says we want a man intouch with himself, touchy feelyand empathetic.
    It seems that the type of man needed changes daily and its made the male of the species a little confussed.
    I'm all for feelings (i have some of my own) but in some cases when a man does cry it has been taken by some, both women and men, as a sign of weaknes. Its ok for you Bridg to say you like it, but for everyone who likes it, theres one who shouts, 'wimp'.
    If you go to court in a divorce settlement and it turns out that you have been nice and easy going, did the dishes, never beat anyone, cut the grass and always asked what others wanted you could be portrayed as weak and indecisive and could harm your children with your lack of masculinity.
    If you beat her and screamed, never worked, then you could also be seen as a bad influence and quite rightly kept from your children.
    Oh what to do.

I've decided to be me. And i'm very lovable. Like a teddy bear. :roll:

4. brigitte

I don't think any child could be hurt from a lack of masculinity. It doesn't do a child any good in particular to be shown stereotypical masculine behaviour other than that of being a responsible, as a child, boy or man.

You just need to look at kids who grow up in households where Dad (or whoever they call Dad) pushes his machismo on a sensitive child to see the results. If a boy cries because he's got some troubles, and all his father can do is berate him for showing emotions like a girl. He wants support.

Men are wimps to some if they show sensitivity or emotions? Women can't win either! If we say yes we are slags, if we say no we are a tease. We are supposed to be 'nice girls' and yet if we don't the guys often lose interest once they realise a no actually really means no!! I am myself, and if men don't like it they can whistle.. :wink: Women just want men who respect, protect and cherish them, muscley men are just for looking at at the end of the day!! Some women like muscley men, I don't - I like average built men or slender - but at the end of the day if he has respect for me that is the main thing!

5. Malnik

Malnik Well-Known Member

I wish i could do that cut and paste thingy....

Bridg said:
    "Women just want men who respect, protect and cherish them, muscley men are just for looking at at the end of the day!!"

Is that like window shopping?
    I did some of this looking stuff before....got into seious trouble!

All I want is a good girl.......a really " :oops: GOOD" girl....

Mal

PS - stop talking sense Brigitte - how can we have a controversial discussion if you keep talking sense.

6. babicka

babicka Well-Known Member

Hi Northunder!! How are things going at your end? It would be nice to know how you are since your last posting.

7. brigitte

Mal - you have a good girl - probably. In your pm to me you said you are married! and you gave me your phone number - note I haven't called it!

Sorry if I shouldn't have put that comment, but I did say I'd e-chat via email and you were not content with it and you wanted phone talk. Sorry, I don't phone men who say they are married! And apologies to anyone else for posting this, but I was a bit annoyed about that. Mal, if you are married - why are you pm'ing me giving me your number. I said to email to chat about stuff as I don't mind e-pals, but no way do I phone married men!

8. Malnik

Malnik Well-Known Member

No secrets in our house...if i was an infidel...i'd have kept it a secret....
    I have said in many other posts that i have a delightful wife....
    Actually I talk to other women all the time.....dont mean i want to have some kind of clandestine relationship....

Anyways...gotta dash...got a plane to catch!

Your pal Mal

9. brigitte

Water under the bridge now, Mal. Just thought I'd point it out that is all

You probably do talk to women all the time, but at the end of the day you only know me from a few posts on here - I found it a bit uncomfortable that you dished out a mobile number to me, when an e-chat would have been sufficient. In your daily life you meet and talk to females of course, but giving your moby number out to women on the Net you only 'know' via a few posts on a messageboard is not the sort of thing I would like MY man to be doing!! I'd be quite annoyed.

Anyway - said my bit now - we'll move back to the subject!

Happy New Year.

10. paulthevol

paulthevol Active Member

Brigitte,

Your kind of being a bitch!!! Chill Out!!

Paul

11. brigitte

No, I am not, Paul!

If I think something is out of order, I'll say so. I have posted often enough on this board about what I feel about such things and if I feel that it is necessary, then too darn right, I'll post it on the boards! If I feel someone's behaviour is inappropriate, then I'll say so. Sorry, you find my comments offensive, but at the end of the day I have no regrets about posting what I did - it was necessary to me. Too right, I'm a bitch if I am annoyed, I won't put up with something I find offensive, I'll speak out, and if people think I'm being a bitch, tough.

YOU chill out..

Edit: It is widely known about safety on the Net regarding women. Not that I think Mal is a nutter, but at the end of the day, I, as a woman do not feel comfortable ringing a man who I do not know just because he has dished his number out to me. Not just because he's married. Sorry to those who think I'm being a bitch for being careful as a woman. If things went wrong for whatever reason, and I felt uncomfortable with the situation, people would then blame me, saying I shouldn't have called him, it was my fault.... I am just erring on the side of caution. Sorry, again, but I felt justified in putting what I did.

12. iluvuma1

iluvuma1 Well-Known Member

I rest my case.... Need I say more about the men vs. women infidelity case???? Brigette- you just proved my point. And you are NOT a bitch. Cheers to you for being assertive. Another note- women that are assertive and speak thier opinions are too often called bitches.
    One last thing, why do the men get so bent out of shape when discussions of cheating arise? I get the distinct feeling that THEY are too willing to excuse their behavior by off as " women's weak emotional state"....
    I'm no raging feminist- and I like my doors opened and am girly as the next girl who gets her nails done once a week. But PLEASE, guys... your glaring contradictions are too funny....

13. brigitte

Thanks, Iluvuma. It is good to see another woman feels the same way. I do not like to rant, much as it appears that I do. I learnt to be assertive from being the opposite in my younger years. :wink:

14. Malnik

Malnik Well-Known Member

Mal sits quietly in the corner not really understanding all this.

But he smiles wryly........

15. Paint

Paint Well-Known Member

Well, I've been passively reading the posts on this thread and I think that they (at least the ones related to the original post) have helped me make up my mind about whether to continue ignoring a situation or to say goodbye. I'll take the memories and move on.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the posts regarding changing expectations men and women in general each have for the opposite sex respectively. I believe that the best solution is for everyone to just be themselves and stop trying to impress a "type" 8) . Perhaps then we can sort ourselves out... the assertive, practical, female leaders can pair up with the sensitive and emotional guys, and vice versa. Heh I know, the post of an idealist...

16. silverkinguk

silverkinguk Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    I agree Brigitte is stuck up but don't blame her she is who she is right? :)
    I don't mind people contacting me on mobile keeps people in touch no harm in that.

17. LP

LP New Member

She should open her eyes. Her husband is lying and always will be. She is lying too

18. Martina

Martina Active Member

There's nothing to add, except I agree with you Brigitte!! :p I wouldn't feel comfortable calling up a man's mobile either, no matter how innocent it may be. And if I was his wife, I wouldn't feel comfortable him giving up his mobile number to strange women from the internet either. Also I would like to know what he really wanted to talk about when you can everything solve in here. And the men are having hard time to understand this. :roll:

One more thing, I am a Czech woman and I don't believe in cheating or any sort of loose sexual behaviour!! So if he/she cheats, just get rid off him/her...Good luck!

19. Malnik

Malnik Well-Known Member

Hello Martina....... I see youve been busy today......going through the old posts!!!

Ok.....so you wouldn't feel comfortable.....so dont call anyone. I can only assume you would feel embarrased if a lady answered....

When i go home my mobile sits on the table in the hall....everyone has one. If it rings either I or my wife answers. I do the same to hers if im closest. If its a guy on hers, i dont automatically assume shes having an affair. She meets and talks with people all day long at uni. In fact she goes out to lunch with some. Are you suggesting I should be worried?

And being a Czech woman doesnt make you unique in your beliefs about fidelity. I think most people in commited relationships would want that, be they from CR, UK, Australia, Iceland...... even the Scots.

How did you end up way up there?

Where is Bridgette? Are you her replacement??? (thats a joke by the way!)

Yours in the nicest possible way....
    Mal

20. brigitte

Oh, l'm still about!

I am not stuck up as silverking so eloquently put it, I just do not to accept phone numbers and call men who say they are married. End of.

Thanks Martina. I got a email notiification of a reply so I though I'd add. If women don't feel comfortable accepting phone numbers from married men, then they are not stuck up, it is their prerogative. I thought this subject was long closed, hehe! What is it, almost a year ago since my last post on the matter? Oh well.. :lol: :lol: Sorry guys, my opinion is still the same as before no change there... :wink: :wink: