installing Czech keyboard without a disk

Discussion in 'General Language' started by gypzy, Apr 16, 2007.

1. gypzy

gypzy Well-Known Member

I have been trying to install a keyboard. When I tried through bohemica my computer told me to put in the Windows 98 ..... disk. My computer is a hand me down and the person who gave it to me didn't include the disk. Is there anyway I can do this without a disk.

Many thanx in advance :)

2. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Sometimes works, if you try change path for loading from disk to directory where Windows are installed (common path is C:\WINDOWS\) or system direcory (by default C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM or C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM )

It usualy works for example during installing of network, but I don't know if it will work with so exotic files like Czech keyboard driver.

3. fabik317

fabik317 Well-Known Member

4. gypzy

gypzy Well-Known Member

Thank you guys. I have tried many peoples advice. Nothing seems to work. I think I am functionally computer literate. I can only understand the basics to a point. When I tried to download from the link Fabik provided it said it would take like 48HOURS! to download. I thought I would try to find something quicker. Since I can't, I guess I will just try that link and sit around waiting.

5. eso

eso Well-Known Member

I don't see, how Knoppix will help to resolve gypzy's problem. I believe he want Czech keyboard in Win98 and not new operation system.

Best chance for him is to borrow install disc of windows 98 somewhere...

6. phi11ip

phi11ip Well-Known Member

Hi Gypsy
    Have you tried searching for a keyboard layout manager? I just tried and this site looks as if it could be useful to you. With this program you should be able to arrange your keyboard the way you want it.