Jaromír Nohavica: "Pražská pálená"

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & Media' started by gementricxs, Feb 21, 2006.

1. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

Jaromír Nohavica is one of the best Czech or rather Moravian singers. Genre of songs he plays is similitar to folk I think. He's not one of the pop stars who you can see everyday on TV and read about them in tabloids. On the contrary you mostly can't see him neither on TV nor in tabloids. It doesn't change the fact that his music is very popular here, in Czech Republic. His concerts are always sold out.

A lot of our members always ask questions about Czech music, what Czech singers are popular in Czech, where they buy the CDs and so on. It's reason why I'm posting it.

Jaromír Nohavica recently released his new album "Pražská pálená" which is full of songs recorded on his recent concerts. And what's the best about it? It's completely FREE.

Jaromír Nohavica:
    [​IMG]

What songs are on the album?

Jaromír Nohavica - Pražská pálená - 2006
    1. Stanice Jiřího z Poděbrad...........................2:32
    2. Hvězda........................................................2:53
    3. Nechte to koňovi...........................................2:41
    4. Ragby..........................................................2:54
    5. Kdyby..........................................................2:12
    6. Moje milá dej mi ještě šanci............................2:24
    7. To nechte být................................................2:44
    8. Svět je malý pomeranč...................................2:25
    9. To co nemám nemůžu ti dát............................2:07
    10. V bufetě na stojáka.......................................2:52
    11. Píseň o té revoluci 1848................................ 4:02
    12. Bahama rum ...............................................1:54
    13. Staré dobré časy .........................................3:25
    14. Zestárli jsme lásko ......................................2:59
    15. Ranní hygiena ......................................2:16
    16. Dívky v šatech z krepdešínu...........................3:02
    17. Halelujá.......................................................5:09
    18. Cyklistika....................................................4:16
    19. Natáh jsem sadu nových strun...........................4:15
    20. Život ............................................................1:41
    21. Pavilon č.5.....................................................3:04
    22. Pane prezidente ..........................................3:33
    23. Honzíkova cesta ........................................3:33

How to download it?

Zou can donwload all this song directly from his website http://www.nohavica.cz, but preferred way is to use bittorrent client. There's plenty of bittorent clients on the net, you can choose whatever suits you. If you're new to this techlonogy I suggest to use client which is mention on Nohavica's website, Bitlord Client. Now all you need to do is download torrent file where is stored all the information needed for the program to download it. After downloading THIS FILE you simply load it into the program and let it download. Another thing you should do is click on the counter, because he want's to have statistics how money people donwloaded it. THIS is the direct link to the counter, it means when you click on it, it will be counted.

Summary:

-download bittorent client HERE
    -download file to load into client HERE
    -click HERE to count your donwload

2. brook

brook Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks for posting that! My friends and I missed Nohavica when he played at the Czech Embassy here in Washington DC. Our czech teacher gave us the proper scolding and then proceeded to play some of his music for us. :)

I will try this later and see what heppens - hope it works on my mac! :mrgreen:

3. phi11ip

phi11ip Well-Known Member

Thank you Jirka. I am listening to it now and enjoying it very much. One thing though, what does Pražská pálená mean? I found pálený in the dictionary which means burned or baked. But this an adjective. Pražská is also an adjective, so it does not make much sense to me :(

Regards
    Phil

4. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

It's nice to see that you all like it. Brook, it should work on your mac, you just need to download some bittorent client which work on MacOS. YOu won't have problem to find one, just google it. Phi11ip, Pražská is adjectivum of word Prague and pálená here means burned, like burned CDs. A lot of people here in Czech Republic illegally copy (burn) CDs. To burn CD is in Czech vypálit CD. It's from where the name of the album comes. When you burn the CD, you don't pay for it, it's free. And he released this album free of charge, it's the anlogy why choosed this name.

5. wer

wer Well-Known Member

"Pálená" is substantivized adjective. It means "something burned", e.g. distilled beverage (in Czech we use verb "pálit" also in the meaning "to distil"). I think it is purposely ambiguous allusion to the possibility to burn CD for free.

EDIT: ooh, gementricxs was faster :D.

6. phi11ip

phi11ip Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanation lads. It's so obvious now. I was thinking of the traditional meaning of burned. Completely forgot about the other meaning of burned in connection with CDs :oops:.

7. Ainafeaiel

Ainafeaiel Member

Oooh, thanks so much for posting this! He's a fantastic musician.

A xx