Just settling in, z Boston, MA USA

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CiervoPRG, Jan 7, 2008.

1. CiervoPRG

CiervoPRG Member

Hi ,

I have located several networking sites out there, however this seems to be the "originalni", so I'll post hello, and wait for some replies. I have just finished working throughout the month of Prosinec on the relocation of my life. I discovered that customer service here is very different from that in the US, I like it still. I plan to teach, Anglictinu, both contract and private tutor, Oxford Certified, as well I plan to begin studying Humanities ASAP, @ AAVS.

I am a well rounded individual, I think. A few dvanactkos and to bed with me, well figuratively speaking of course. But I could use some contacts around town.... So if there are any people looking to sit around and coach the new guy, a couple beers are on me.

diky,
    Ciervo :evil:

2. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Hello, welcome!

Nice euphemism, thanks :) :)

3. CiervoPRG

CiervoPRG Member

:lol: euphamism,..
    I must find ways to express my culture shock other than expecting society to change for me,...I must change for them, as I presently am, for I live here and this place is thiers. I moved here for the change, and in part for the honest, reliable, but at times unpleasant customer service. The service in the US it is only superficial, an "act" if you may. However this is not the biggest issue I have had or yet to encounter,...I am here with Czechs for a Czech. So will conform accordingly. As for my homeland....I disowned them, as they did me.

Zakim, Cau
    Ciervo

4. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Hi Ciervo and welcome! I hope you like your life in the Czech Republic! What brought you here?

You make it sound like we Czechs like our customer service. :) I'm trying not to change my demands "for them", the service people here. It is hard not to get jaded after years of experiencing bad service but I still try to fight back. So don't think you have to change "for us Czechs" in all respects.

Can you explain that?

5. CiervoPRG

CiervoPRG Member

What brought me here?..well quite a bit, I will have a chance at attending college and working in a more professional field, with a flat here in Mala Strana available for accomodation until school is over (4-5yrs), at which time there may be a child, then it will be permanent or Canada. I have basic foriegner Czech linguistic skills, and I am being tutored by my fiance, with "Step by Step", and I intend to study grammar after the summer. I took the Oxford TEFL cert course @ Suffolk University, Boston, MA-USA, and hopefully I can find some beginner teacher's aid positions and start teaching English. I have had quite an unlucky past, but who hasn't. In the US as an independent adult without parental support, there is no college only work, and bills. No balance and the government is such a disaster right now, it will be almost a decade before people like me have a chance to advance without "Daddy's Money", so desparate measures are to be taken to ensure my grandchildren carry a legacy, not a burden. This move really was what my fiance wanted and needed after eight years in the US. I am really lucky to have the connections and family here... Endless advantages.
    A lot of great opportunities, so in regard to previous posts I will have a chance to view the world familiar to me (USA) from another perspective, an outside perspective. I have made extended visits here prior to this present relocation, as my fiance is a native. So now I am feeling out the locals and networking trying to fit into someones mold.

6. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

I went to college without parental support and my Daddy had no money. It just means you must work and attend school at the same time as well as take out student loans. I don't mean to sound rude but it appears by your post that you expect some sort of handout. As if the government should support you. It seems that you are saying that since you don't have "Daddy's money" and the Government didn't give you money, your country abandoned you. I truly hope that isn't your philosophy. I hope you can tell me I'm wrong.

7. CiervoPRG

CiervoPRG Member

Sorry I don't have all night to sit around on the computer typing and explaining my lives specific parameters to strangers, especially since there is an abundance of folks just criticising Newbies, as long as you can take out loans, right, ne, vubec ne. Wrong class, I'm here and my children will contribute any part of thier lives in America. I can discuss it with you over a couple beers, but then you would have to agree to leave the house, skoda,
    cau[/quote]