looking 4 advice on living in Prague

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by ChiMike, Apr 27, 2005.

1. ChiMike

ChiMike New Member

I'm coming to Prague in October for 2 months to attend a TEFL cert program. The school is in Prague 1. While there I want to rent a studio apartment. Can anybody suggest areas with the magic combo of good trasportation connections, a place where i can buy groceries, safety, and rent between 10-12000 CZK?? I am a mature American man.. not interested in sharing a flat. This will be my first time in Prague

2. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

Write to your TEFL agency they will help you. I'm not sure if you something in downtown of Prague (district 1 & 2), I spoke with some American woman who also do the certificate in Prague and paid 18000Kc for her flat. If you won't live in Prague 1 or 2 it will be chaper and you can use subway to go to school. And shops are everywhere, hypermarkets (like Tesco, Carerfour) or some small supermarket (like Albert, Billa). So shops won't be a problem.

3. magan

magan Well-Known Member

If your TEFL course is in Kaprova, then it is on METRO A line, stop Staromestska. Flat walking distance to Metro stop Dejvicka, Praha 6 would one of the good ones. There is large Grocery store Delvita and it is only 3 stops from Staromestska. Bus goes to airport from there too.
    Good luck.

4. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

good advice above - it is nice to have a place to go "home" to away from downtown. you will find public transportation in Prague to be excellent. be sure you buy a monthly pass - really worth it. I envy your opportunity to stay for such a long time in such a great city.