Looking for Family

Discussion in 'Looking for Ancestors' started by Dreamtalker, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Dreamtalker

Dreamtalker Member

Anyone have information on Hruska, Chihak, Barta or Kabela :?:

These are my family lines which stop with the migrating person. hoping to find a connection here to add to the lines/history.

2. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

In Czech probably
    Hruška, Čihák, Bárta, Kabela or Kábela

There are many people with these surnames in Czech republik, you need to be more specific.

3. Dreamtalker

Dreamtalker Member

Sorry,

I didn't want to get to much into it if no one was around.

I found my gggggrandfather born 1835 Kutna Hora Name: Michael or Matej Hruska. Thats all I have going back. He Married Anna Horka Before 1856 had a few kids then packed the family up and headed to Cleveland, OH in 1867 before settling in Spillville, IA.

The only thing I have is from a marriage certificate for Barta/Kabela Frank Barta Married Barbara Kabela in 1903 in Spillville, Winneshiek Co, Iowa.
    Franks mom was Kat (Likely shortened on the form) Pribyl and dad was Jan Barta. I am at a loss finding any history from this point on. Barbara Kabela parents are Charles Kabela and Albina or Albino Pasek or Posek.

The Barta/Kabela names are possibly CZ and cant find any line that matches.

Joseph Cihak b-1773 Pocepice, CZ Married Anna Kralova (Chvatalova) b-1777

Parents to Matthew or Mike Cihak B- abt 1808 Pocepice, CZ Married to Frances (?) b-1804 Jesenice, CZ

Parents to Frank Chihak b 1830, Procepice, CZ Married to Josephine Rehak or b-1841 Vysoka, CZ

John Chihak or Cihak born 1869 from Pocepice, Czech Married Rose Moravec born 1877 unknown where born.

I am not expecting miracles, Just hoping I can get a push in the right direction. I do know at some point I will need to hire a researcher, I would just like to be able to have complete information before going that route.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

4. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Počepice is a little south of Prague, as is Ješenice. I found a Čihák in the phonebook in Počepice you might try. Otherwise try either the city halls or Catholic parishes in Počepice/Ješenice or in the district archives in Tabor or Benešov (not sure which is the right one). From the Počepice link above, click on the the number 2 at the right to see the address and phone number for the city hall in Počepice (click on 3 for the local parish).

The other one seems more difficult, that is more involved, as the surnames, Hruška, Horka, and Kabela are more common, and Kutná Hora is a much bigger town. They do have a district archive in Kutná Hora, though (number 12 on the link--the local parish is 15).

You can also get the addresses for the district archives on this page. They have websites as well, but as far as I can tell, only in Czech (http://www.soapraha.cz/kutnahora/ and http://www.soapraha.cz/benesov/), and they probably charge search fees.

Good luck!

5. Dreamtalker

Dreamtalker Member

Thank you very much, that gives me a starting point to look at

Christina