Looking for Klokoc and Kabelac

Discussion in 'Looking for Ancestors' started by momof3, Dec 15, 2006.

1. momof3

momof3 Member

I am searching for specific information about my great great grandfather (s) and his parents.

Josef Klokoc 1864 Czech
    Karel Kabelac 1859 Czech

Thanks
    Michelle

2. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Michelle,

Do you have the name of a village or town? As far as I can tell from the phonebook, there are Kabeláč's in every region of the Czech Republic. As for the other surname, I found Klokočka, Klokočník, also in every region. The only real statistic of any significance I found in the phone book was that there were several Kabeláč's and one Klokočník in Valašské Meziříčí, which is a small town near the Slovak border.

3. momof3

momof3 Member

Thanks so much for your reply!

I research what I have available and I can only find Kladno, Remainder of World(?), Czech and Bohemia.

Can you eductae me? I am cluless on how to begin a deep search for my great great grandparent who I believe remained in Czech or died there when my grandparents can to the US.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks again
    Michelle :lol:

4. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Kladno is about 20km WNW of Prague (map). I went to the Kladno website, and there doesn't seem to be any English pages, or a link to the archives (if they have any there). You may need to try the Prague archives.

5. eso

eso Well-Known Member

6. momof3

momof3 Member

Went to the English site but not much there. When I tried clicking on documents ect.. it took me to a non-english page. :(

7. Plitz

Plitz New Member

Dear Michelle,

I think I can help you. I do genealogy of Kabelac surname and I have your Karel Kabelac *1859 in my family tree. He was born 10 Jun 1859 in small town Hermanuv Mestec and died in 5 Feb 1927 in Prague. His wife was Wilhelmine Lanz. Give me e-mail for next details.

Jiri

8. momof3

momof3 Member

9. momof3

momof3 Member

I have pictures of Wilhemina and Karel if you would like to have then for your family tree. Also please let me know how they are related to you.