Looking to visit Prague

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by marky mark, Mar 25, 2006.

1. marky mark

marky mark New Member

Wow, love this site. I have been trying to learn all I can. I'm getting closer to retirement and would love to live in Prague during the summer months....to escape Texas summers. I have visited many sites and love the city. I know that I should learn Czech or at least some. The rentals seem very reasonable. I am probably three to fours years out of retirement, so I have lots of time to get it all together. If you have any great websites to visit let me know. I have found some amazing ones.
    Ahoj!

2. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Hi Marky mark, yes, it would help if you would start learning Czech. In the long run, it is always better to be able to know what locals are up to (including restaurants with Czech menus only). You can look at expats.cz for fore info on living in CR, but most of those people work there, many for foreign companies, so they have decent income coming in.

Why Prague??? Yes, centre of the Prague is beautiful, but by the time you get to your retirement, prices will be probably up to same level as anywhere else in Western Europe. Have you been in Prague yet?