May I Introduce Myself?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Anonymous, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My name is Gill, and I live in the UK.

Prague has always held a certain fascination for me. Indeed, your history, culture and architecture are three things that I look forward to exploring in the not too distant future.

Is it true that Prague is the most haunted city in the world?

I am pleased to make everyone's acquaintance! :)

2. treeman

treeman Member

Welcome Jill good to hear from you.

3. marv_boy

marv_boy Active Member

...haunted by tourists. Never seen any ghosts but there is a story about the Golem which is quite scary. :shock:

4. kakaokocka

kakaokocka Member

Please, Please tell me about the Golem? I love these kinds of stories. Maybe we should post somewhere else though, because I think something said that we shouldn't post replies here. I think its for space.

5. marv_boy

marv_boy Active Member

kakokocka,

i will open a new topic rregarding Golem on the culture index

:wink:

martin

6. Frank_pivo_4

Frank_pivo_4 Well-Known Member

7. iluvuma1

iluvuma1 Well-Known Member

I've noticed that my Czech boyfriend is much more superstitious than myself, being American. I'm not sure if this is just a personal quirk with him- or more of a cultural trait. He believes that you shouldn't date certain astrological signs, etc. (It is very hard for me to keep my mouth shut when he says he is a certain way because he is a Virgo.) He also puts more weight into "blind luck" - as if on some days there is a "black cloud" of bad luck that just descends upon him. LOL! Although we never discussed ghosts- I am more than sure he believes in them- Perhaps the rumor that there are ghosts in Prague stems from a "Supernatural" trait of the Czechs. Comments?