Moving to Brno next year..

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by Dimich, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Dimich

Dimich Member

Hello all,

I'm going to move Brno with my wife on next year (Jan-Feb). I've got a job with salary gross 1300 Euros. I know, that life in Brno not so very expensive, but, anyway, I would like to know your suggestions. What do you think, is it enough to live in Brno without any problems?
    I don't have any special requirements. We are going to rent 1 room flat may be for 1st year. I don't have a car and I don't need it now. May be just spend money for food, clothes, a little bit entertainment.
    I'm going to work in Technological Park. Which areas in Brno are nearest with this place, not so expensive, with no criminal issues? Basically, I heard that Brno not so criminal, like a Prague, for example.
    Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

Dimich

2. brook

brook Well-Known Member

Oh, I am so jealous. I would love to return to Brno....

So, you may have already found some of this, but here is some information that might be helpful:

Brno City webpage: http://www.brno.cz/ - Get a feel for the city. There is a lot of information here.

Czech Survival Guide: http://www.czechpoint101.com/ - very helpful guide to living in the Czech Republic. You are not obligated to use his services or buy his book - he has excellent tips and advice on the website. He lives in Brno too, by the way.

As far as crime goes in Brno... It is definitely not free of crime, but I never had any problems there. There are few districts that are "dangerous" per se, but you will know once you live there which areas to avoid. I'm afraid I don't know where Technological Park is, but then again it has been a while! Do you have a czech name for the area?

You shouldn't have any trouble without a car either - transportation is both excellent and timely (almost freakishly so!)

Anyway, I hope that helps a little. :)