'Must see' places in Prague!

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Poodle1977, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Poodle1977

Poodle1977 Member

Hello :D

My husband and I are travelling to Prague for the first time in February. I know very little about Prague and the Czech Republic in general (sorry :oops: ) but I would like to cram as much into my 4 day visit as possible. I would like some advice on what is really worth a visit in the city and what to avoid.
    Also, do most Czech citizens speak English or is it advisable to learn some basic phrases?
    I'm sooooooooooo excited!!!! :D :D :D

2. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

Prague is a beautiful city with lots to see and do. You will want to see Old Town Square, Prague Castle, Charles Bridge, Mala Strana (Lesser town), and Wenceslas Square. There are many shops and attractions around all of them that will keep you more than busy for four days.
    In Prague, you will have no problem with English but, take a look at the Language section (in the blue bar above) for some basic phrases. "Please", "Thank you", and "Good Day" are essential and should be used often.
    Welcome to the forum and have a wonderful trip - Prague will exceed all of your expectations.

3. Job3:14

Job3:14 Member

All of what Glenn says but as you are there for 4 days it might be worth taking a tour to somewhere outside Prague. I can recommend Karlstein castle, Kostnice, and Kutna Hora, the bonus with Kutna Hora if you go with Martin's tours is that you not only get to see the church etc but if there is time and you ask nicely they will take you to Sedlec and the Ossuary. The inside of the small chapel is completely decorated with human bones. Sound macabre but is very interesting. If you google Ossuary and Sedlec you will get an idea.

If you like Opera there are always good shows at the Opera house, if your tastes are less highbrow then there is plenty to do in the evening.

Hope this helps and have a lovely trip it's well worth it. If you need advise on transfers from the airport just ask, there are plenty of folk that will be willing to give help and advce.

:D :D :D