new kid on the block

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by johnnyb, Jan 16, 2006.

1. johnnyb

johnnyb Guest

just wated to say hello and that im new on the community i live in canada but was born in pargue. I left when i was 5yrs old and i live in hamilton, Ont about 1 hour away from toronto. If anyone wants to chat let me know johnny

2. Kanadanka

Kanadanka Well-Known Member

welcome , Johnny, I am a Prague-born/raised Czech who used to live in Toronto and now lives in Edmonton
    Hana

3. Rommie

Rommie Well-Known Member

Welcome on board, Johnny :)
    I´m czechie girl who always wanted to live abroad but never moved from North/East of Czech Republic :lol:
    What about hockey up there? :wink:
    Enjoy this site!

4. johnnyb

johnnyb Guest

so you live edmonton i went there to the mall and its pretty sweet thanks for the welcome note!

5. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Hi Johnny, Welcome. I hope you find lots of interesting discussions about Czech Republic. This is great web site. Stay on and read a lot. If you have any questions just search for answer as almost everything was answered already.

Have you been back to CR yet? Are both of your parents Czech - do you speak Czech at home?

Most of the members here are actually foreigners (or Czechborn) who love Czech Republic. How long do you live in Canada?

6. Kanadanka

we may have the West Edmonton Mall, but you in Toronto have Czech theater, and Masaryk Town :)
    Hana

7. magan

magan Well-Known Member

....and Prague Deli on Queen street :p :p :p

8. Kanadanka

and awesome European bakeries on Bloor and Jane :)
    We have a couple of Czech restaurants in Edmonton, but somehow the cooking had been Westernized - Svickova is nothing like a remember, and their dumplings are so porous, it sucks up sauce like a sponge

9. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Greetings from across The Falls, and welcome to the boards! I've been through Hamilton a few times on my way to the African Lion Safari (the kids love that place!).

10. johnnyb

johnnyb Guest

wow i love Svickova and that is a meal that should stay where it came from for that exact reason that people will not be able to cook it properly and then they wont really know what it tastes like. If people want to experience the real thing they should buy a plane ticket to prague haha

11. johnnyb

johnnyb Guest

i was born in czech and my dad lives in pittsburgh PA and i live here in hamilton Ont, near toronto. I go to czech all the time and i just want to let people know that if they are thinking of living here or moving to my area i will give them all the info they need to help them out. I know how hard it is to move to a new country and everyone here helped us out and i just wanted to return the favour :) johnny