New Member from Toronto!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RobPeace, May 9, 2005.

1. RobPeace

RobPeace Member

Hey there, everyone!

I'm not exactly sure why, but I have always felt such an attraction to learning European languages. I studied Polish in university for 2 years, and now it's on to Czech! I'm quite consumed lately with thoughts of spending some time in Prague - from what I have seen in photos and movies, it looks like somewhere I'd really like to spend a lot of time in.

I'm 25 and I live just outside of Toronto, in a city called Hamilton. Toronto has a population of 2 million, and Hamilton itself is just under 500,000, and yet I don't believe that I know a single Czech person! Hopefully this will change.

Anyhow, thanks for having me!

~robpeace

2. canadiangurl

canadiangurl New Member

Hi Rob,

I live in Hamilton as well. Although I am not Czech, my boyfriend is and we are travelling to Prague this summer. If you find out about any local czech language coaches please let me know.

There is a large Czech community in Hamilton so I'm sure you'll meet someone soon.

Cheers

3. Hey Rob, I used to live in Burlington just across the lake from you guys. Now I live in Pasadena, Maryland (USA) near Baltimore. I miss Canada though!! Just wanted to say that, I am learning Czech so I can impress my Grandmother when she comes to see me in about a week, Have you ever travelled to Europe before?