new person

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ashe, Jun 9, 2004.

1. ashe

ashe Member

hi i'm ashlee,
    i'm an american highschooler trying to "immerse" myself in czech. I'm taking it over the summer and am trying to get all the help i can. So if ya got any tips for learning tell me!

2. Red

Red Member

Good luck Ashlee! I've only been here in Prague for 6 days, and I love the language. Ciao.

3. ashe

ashe Member

Thanks for the encouragement. Im not liking the program i'm on right now and am thinking about switching... Anyways, whats it like in Prague? Whats your favorate thing about it?

4. Red

Red Member

Prague is quite amazing. The history and culture of the city are inspiring. It's absolutly beautiful here right now. The public transportation system is great. It is very cheap to go anywhere in the city by either Metro (subway), Tram (Trolley), or Bus. Depending on your age, it costs about 50 cents for an hour long ticket to use any transportation to $1.50 for one day to $10 for 7 days. I bought a pass for 3 months and only cost $45 to go anywhere, anytime. Pretty amazing. The food here is very good. If you go to the smaller cafe's and resturants and have the more traditional Czech food, it's very cheap. I can go on and on ....

5. ashe

ashe Member

wow,
    you almost make it sound magical. Here its totally boring. I'm just sitting here with my laptop with a million instant messenger systems on wishing i had something to do. I've never been outside the us. except once i went to canada when i was really young. I hope to go to college in Europe one day. But that cost alot of money... Sorry for my rambling. So, what is czech food like?