Newbie from London

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ScottNicholson, May 27, 2008.

1. ScottNicholson

ScottNicholson New Member

Ahoj everyone,

I found this website purely by accident and it's proving a wonderful resource to me so thank you in advance for aiding my integration into this exciting culture.

I have been having czech lessons for a couple of months and thankfully haven't been scared off yet! Well not totally scared off anyway...!

At the moment I am in Prague twice a month and I am hoping that my confidence in speaking what I am learning will increase with time, although it is one heck of a steep learning curve. My girlfriend is half Czech and half Slovak, living in Prague and, ideally, I'd love to be able to spend more time over there because she's pretty fabulous. So I better keep studying... :roll:

Nice to "meet" you all anyway,
    Scott.

2. General Joy

General Joy Well-Known Member

Welcome, Scott. :)

3. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Welcome, I hope your learning is swift and painless. :wink: :)

4. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Girlfriends - the best way to learn the language :)

5. fabik317

fabik317 Well-Known Member

is that so? then i could use an english, finnish and arabic girlfriend. looks like one is only supposed to learn one language at a time:)

6. Irena M

Irena M Well-Known Member

Welcome!

7. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Although speaking in tongues often doesn't involve words.

8. Ark1tec

Ark1tec Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I think the Czech girls are pretty awesome actually and I wholeheartedly agree that a girlfriend of the nation is a good way to learn the language. I used to live in kent and went Raveing in the Lionsden a lot. You lucky devil, good luck with the international language of love.
    ARK1TEC. And I'm out.